MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:20 am

Post subject: IndianaStateFairgrounds97 by Rozilla2
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2000 9:33 pm 
This was a big dissapointment. After an almost 3mb download I was expecting a cool track, what I got was ?????
If anyone knows what this track is all about step forward now because I am stumped.
I have a track out there and know how hard these things are to create, so don't just cuss me out and say I don't know what I am talking about. Sure my track is not fancy, but it gets the job done, good, fast racing with little problems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2000 10:21 am 

After such a harsh review by RWC I felt I had to investigate this track. I'm afraid that RWC got it right, a complete waste of download time. To add to the whole sorry story I also downloaded IndianaStateFairgrounds99 - thinking it would be some kind of comparison, as the author's name was different, but alas, no, it was the same track. As far as I could tell that is, 'cos the darn thing messed up my 'pute! I could not get either track to run and MTM2 kept crashing my computer until I had unpodded these tracks. So I viewed the pods in Traxx. The terrain is completely flat - is Indiana like that? There seems to be a rectangular kind of track but NO course segments, the truck start positions seem to be scattered at random, Traxx reports that there are 332 textures and 349 scenery objects! The only difference in the '99 version is that the textures have increased to 335 and scenery objects to 404 - oh, and there were course segments, 4 of them.
I think this is such a big download because there seems to be a music file in the pod.
I did notice that the author changed his name to WWF something - maybe that speaks for itself.
In conclusion, it seems to me that these tracks were created by someone who thought they would "have a go", found it too much effort, but posted it anyway.
I'd give it a zero on KC's scale, only because he didn't specify minus numbers!

------------------
Keep on Monster Truckin'

EmceeMart

[This message has been edited by EmceeMart (edited 22-04-2000).]