MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:48 pm

Post subject: GDR Track Pack by GDRcc_Mhare
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2000 5:02 am 
easy company

Well the track pack zip link is not valad and the review link links to the GDR homepage which has no track(s) posted.... but there is one link there and it takes you back to KC's

mtm run around

you can do a by authors name search at KC's to find the tracks (3) but of the two that i did try GDR Cross gave me the "too many verticies" error and GDR&SPACE offroad looked incomplete in all aspects and is not worth the d/l...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2000 6:57 am 
Glow Ball

Track 1 - GDR Trial track

The trucks start piled on top of one another, altitude work is crude to say the least, the map doesn't work properly nor do the computer trucks, fences block the road and the checkpoints are miscued.

Track 2 - 1GDRCROSS

More drivable course, but the checkpoint miscues cut it short. The lag/error is caused by truck tires that line both sides of the course as well as a trailer park and heavy equipment in a constuction zone. Again, the terrain work is jagged and abrupt, the computer trucks don't work - I didn't even look at the map.

Track 3 - Offroad GDR

Still shows many of the same problems, but at least it's drivable.

Track 4 - The Pit

A rumble that I did not run offline

Track 5 - XMR First Track

Pretty much identical to GDR Trial Track but with one or two alterations.

These are all obviously rookie tracks that are still in the beta stages. GDR Team, please use the beta area for your uploads until the tracks are ready for public release. Releasing them on the main download page will only get people upset with you.

The sixth pod is GDR Test Truck which looks like a basic repaint of caroline crusher for the GDR team. I didn't find any real problem with it.

Proper download is here. approx 1.3 megs. But unless you have reason to look at these tracks, leave it alone.

P.S. The review link is now fixed.

------------------
- Phineus

edit 1 : GDR&SPACE ? um, are we talking about the same tracks? I got the ones that were uploaded today 10/5/2000

edit 2 : Okay, we're talking the same but different things. I saw the note about the review link and the word "pack", so I went for that one. Now after viewing the d/l page again, I see there were single uploads as well...with much the same problems. So...same goes for those as well. I think this thread can cover each.

[This message has been edited by Phineus (edited 10-05-2000).]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2000 7:35 am 
easy company

yep same ones, i downloaded the zip GDR&SPACE offroad a couple weeks ago from KC's, in the game its called Offroad GDR, not sure what its called now

may as well delete my posts now Phin thanks