MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:42 pm

Post subject: Deadmans Fall by Hacman
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2000 11:52 am 

Hardest track ever!Even harder than Hacamns drags.Muddy hills,Sharp corners and Trucks that get lost.All typical of the Hacman style.
Its still a BETA but its still an excellent track.
Get it from
Http://members.xoom.com/hacmansMTM2/ then click on DEADBETA.ZIP.

------------------
<RYGON>
<Rygon@start.com.au>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2000 9:04 am 

>>Its still a BETA but its still an excellent track.

These comments ought to be in the beta section. This track really is in it's early stages of development. It's a huge download at 2.8 Megs, probably because of the custom soundtrack. There seems to be a lot of models that don't actually appear to be doing anything. The driving is hard, confusing and not very enjoyable... some direction arrows would not go amiss.

>>>Hardest track ever!

This does not make it particularly good. The altitude transitions are very abrupt and extreme. Some checkpoints are set to facing, the texture properties don't feel right.

>>>Trucks that get lost.All typical of the Hacman style.

Typical of a rookie trackmaker, not a redeeming trait. No offense Hacman, I realise this is a beta and know you will improve on it before it's released as a finished track. I would suggest you pay some attention to the sharp changes in altitude, smooth them out a little. A "plummet" from a great height is not as satisfying as a death defying leap! Image Zoon's Climber has a great example.
Get the terrain right before you start putting models in - then you won't have to reposition them after you done some terrain editing.
I'm pretty sure Haccy will get a lot more sound advice from folks more qualified than me to comment. He seems to have some good ideas and an understanding of the inner workings of the game. It would be a shame if he released a track not worthy of his efforts.

Best Wishes

------------------
Keep on Monster Truckin'

EmceeMart

[This message has been edited by EmceeMart (edited 22-05-2000).]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2000 3:48 am 

Ok there is credit that needs to be given to HAC-MAN. This track obviousely is laid out nicely because of the comments. I am downloading it now and i'll take a look but terrain wise everybody starts somewhere. I used to make transitions like that untill I read the guilds pages. Hacman if you go into the traxx help section there is a section on terrain and altitude. This is a great help to track makers including myself. Take a look and it'll show you that hills can be made with the "plane" tool and they become beautiful ride wise.

------------------

K-Dawg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2000 9:52 am 

deadman's falll is a pretty good track.So far i have spent about 7 months on it.

Everyones wondering why the terrain is the way it is.One word TrackED2.I used tracked 2 for basiclly the whole track.Up until 3 months ago i didn't even know Traxx existed.More than 3/4 of my track was made in TrackED2.Then a little bit was made in Traxx.I am currenty taking in all your suggestions & am fixing the track up.A fina version should be made by sometime in June as i lost my TXX file of DFALL and will have t redo lots of thing like the sund/backdrop etc.Keep posting and an other ideas comments are welcome.Abut how many models there are.DFALL is a weird track.In my suggestions the secrets are better than the track.I am taking away sme of the secrets t increase framerate but i recomended if you ae acng DFALL to put your graphics down pretty lof for a good frameate. dont have a 3d card and it worked fine with me.Although i only had a couple of testers.SkidMark & FE and they said the same sought of things abut the terrain.

Keep looking fr secrets (theres heaps)

------------------
---> HAC-MAN
---> Keep On Hackin'
---> Hacman@start.com.au

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2000 12:08 pm 

>>everybody starts somewhere. I used to make transitions like that untill I read the guilds pages<<

Me too! (echo, echo, echo)

Excellent advice Kdawg and I'm glad to see Hacman responding in a positive way (rather than being *beep* at the constructive "critcism" about his track).

Hacman: I tried to use Tracked2 for about 2 months and was totally confused - in fact I was on the verge of giving up EVER attempting to make a track until I discovered Traxx. So Brownie points to you for sticking with it. And well done for inviting further comments and suggestions - I am certain that in the end, you will be the one to benefit from the response.

------------------
Keep on Monster Truckin'

EmceeMart

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2000 12:15 pm 

Yep thats why i didn't experience the slow frame rate.The problem is i cant get a 3d card my PC doesn't support it.When my Compaq PC gets totally out of date i wll get a new PC with a 3d card then.I reckon that eadmn's Fall is one of the best TrackED made tracks ever.I was using TrackED for over 8 months & i still do.Lets just say i'm very patient.I wait for hours for the thing to load but from my point of view Traxx actually makes you learn less about making tracks.Because when using TrackED you learn all the tricks of track making without using Traxx.Every single level i have made has been edited with trackED somewhere along the way.Guess i just cant let go of TrackED

------------------
---> HAC-MAN
---> Keep On Hackin'
---> Hacman@start.com.au