MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:37 am

Post subject: Dirty Vally Run by DMS_Fila
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2000 3:43 pm 

Hey there. Now this IS a track i can call a good one. WHy? well, i had the testers like this: the one and only N8 (SLO_N8, if just N8 doesn't ring a bell), SLO_Jumper,SLO_SHIMMER, SLO_COPE, and sadly ZR1ac_Mom didn't got to test it but she receives the credit though.
I say u can d/l this one and Phineus, pls write a review on it. K?
Have fun kiddies

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2000 4:54 am 
I was VERY disappointed when I d/loaded this track. Its an ok track if you're a rookie, but there is an uphill climb in this track that drops off then rejoins the rest of the track and then goes around a corner. I crave speed and flew right over the corner, causing me to have to go back around to the bottom of the hill. Other than that, the track is basically flat. I would not recommend this track.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2000 3:29 pm 

You have to break when u climb the hill, at the end of it. LOL
Played it with MalibuRacer also, he said he likes it overall, that is a nice layout, just that those trains are a little buggy, but it's a good track.

Oh yeah, i can't please anybody, from 7people that are known on the zone, all 7 liked it, u 1st one too say it's dissipointing.

[This message has been edited by DMS_Fila (edited 28-05-2000).]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2000 1:41 am 
Glow Ball

Track - Dirty Vally Run
Maker - DMS Fila
Genre - Circuit

Well, Fila, this track is a welcome improvement over your first effort. No question about it. However, I think it could have been much better if you had given it at least one beta run before the official release.

Here's a few things for you to think about. The jump just before checkpoint six makes you overshoot the turn - and those invisible barriers are probably unnecessary. The ground boxes between checkpoint ten and eleven are not even with the terrain. Tracks run much nicer when the terrain and ground boxes have a smoother edge between them. The jump between checkpoint eleven and twelve will put you out of the race, and the computer trucks too. You could either make the jump less extreme, raise the terrain so you have a hill after the jump (at least you wouldn't fall off) or use an invisible barrier (at least here it would be helpful instead of in the way like at checkpoint six). The ramp coming down off checkpoint twelve is very rough and could probably benefit from some smoothing. The jump between checkpoint fourteen and fifteen (the one over the water) is kinda blind, but it's not so bad. After a couple laps you can get it down pretty good. And lastly, the mud at the start/finish line is deep, suddenly. You might like to make it not quite so deep.

But, the news isn't all bad. I think the course design is good. You have the checkpoints spaced out so people have to use the course (not many short cuts here). Your banked corners are really good considering your still early in the track making stages. It's a good track and it's very raceable.

Two things to remember. A track is not just about the road you drive on. It includes everything around as well. For example, the terrain is a better thing to use to hold the trucks on course instead of ground boxes. The second thing is patience. Use the beta testing process a little bit more. Ask people you don't know to test it. Some times friends are good helpers, but often they don't want to hurt your feelings so they won't talk about these little details that could make your track a great one.

My advice: fix up these couple things and release it again. It will be worth it.

Oh, and by the way, I don't think viper said he didn't like it. He said "Its an ok track if you're a rookie." I think he explained himself well enough. Please go easy on him. Maybe he'll be easier on you for the next track ;-)

------------------
- Phineus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2000 2:46 am 

HEHEHE, i always love Phineus's reviews, so long, so beautifull, so darn right. HEHE, k, thnx for reviewing it. I am considering after what u said another improved version of it. But 1st, let me explain some things:

That jump after checkp six is not leaving, i made it especially to be taken a little harder, but with some practice, u can take it perfectly, the invisible barriers there are so that u not go on the railroad tracks and not using the jump.

The ground boxes i made them like this intentionally, but after the complains, they will be fixed.

On that big jump on hill, k, gonna do a space where to fall there if u haven't heard about breaks, lol. No offence.

The ramp coming down there will stay like this, i like it that way, not finding it very rough tho, but that's my call, btw used the smoothing there alot.

Last jump and the mud there i won't smooth or improve it, after 2 laps, u can take them very easily. So just learn the trak, hey, there must be a lill difficult on it, don't u think?

Anyway, maybe a TOC version i will do, for sure, but for now, i WILL take your advices Phineus (thnx) and do another version.

P.S. Viper, i AM a rookie in track making.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2000 7:51 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2000 2:28 pm 

You people make me feel happy u know, that someone does care about my tracks, and wants to help me improve. Thnx for the review Winterkill, Hey, i said abd and good reviews are welcome, but you and Phineus make bad reviews (if u look harsh in that way) but u usually don't say, this track suxx, don't d/l (well, another story with DMS Mountain Rally, which i worked a month on WInterkill and came out missereable, but then again, it was my 1st effort) but u guys try and make that track maker feel his mistakes on a track, to know where he done bad and what he could fix.

Thnx for the review Winterkill.

Looking forward on other tracks from me Reviews by Phineus And WInterkill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2000 8:29 am 

I have to agree with Phineus.pretty good work but needs fine tuned.:<)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2000 2:18 pm 

Nick, check out Dirty Vally Run 1.5 I've done some lill improvment.