What is different from the original track?
- I just added a couple of checkpoints to prevent the most blatant shortcuts.
Elevation data, objects other than CPs and texture settings are unchanged.
- Minimal texture adjustments were made in some checkpoint areas
(I couldn't dig those bamboo poles into rock so I turned rock to grass, hehe)
Why do I do this?
We are playing MTM2 at each of our small LAN-parties. Because everybody knows stock tracks,
there is always a point where someone asks for running one of them.
Then the problem arises that some guys know some of the shortcuts and you
- have to explain the shorts to the others, or
- there will be a lot of whining, or
- it is decided that shorts are prohibited and and then you are facing other problems
(e.g. where is the borderline between unfair "shortcuts" and allowed "serious corner cutting"?)
I found a "no cut" version of the Height released by TRI(?), which works fine.
Unfortunately, this seems to be the only track with a no-cut release.
Voodoo Island is my favorite stock track, but the poor CP placement really destroys the racing layout IMAO.
So here is a version that will oblige you to follow more closely the track design.
I deliberately positioned the CPs to allow serious corner cutting, maybe some minor cuts are still possible. The goal certainly wasn't to follow the line of the stupid AI-trucks.
What are your lap times?
(My current PB is 2:06)