MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:13 pm

Post subject: Field of Dreams by Street Grinder
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:09 pm 
MTM2 Fanatic

I'm just wondering how I can get Field of Dreams by Street Grinder.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:59 pm 
Glow Ball

Evo1

http://vales.com/evo1/EVO1Tracks.asp?search=NKAc_street

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:18 am 
MTM2 Fanatic

ANOTHER thing to register to?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:21 pm 

Not just register at the Vales/EVO1 forum, but you need to buy the game 4x4 EVOLUTION-1 as well, as that isn't a Monster Truck Madness-2 track.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:11 am 
Download: <a href=http://members.xoom.virgilio.it/truckin/fieldfxd.zip>fieldfxd.zip</a>

File history: downloaded the day it was released, uploaded again today.

Readme: Hi and thanks for trying my custom track called Field of Dreams. I'm Street Grinder and am an NKA captain known as NKAc_Street. www.teamnka.org, also check out mtm4fun.com for mtm1 tracks, many of which work quite well in 4x4.

The name field of dreams?, I can't say there is any significant reason I named it that. It popped in my head and I put it down, naming tracks has always been tough. I hate naming tracks, LOL

This track was a total learning adventure. I took almost a full month off of racing to build this track and personally it was worth the time. It wasn't making the track itself that took all the time. It was making custom textures totally from scratch, learning binedit for the first time and learning the bin to .smf conversion process and being the first to figure out how to make a simple animated .smf.

In fact, the course itself certainly lacks the luster of what it could be, but I simply needed to get it done and get back to some racing, :)

There is no AI, why there is a limit to how far the the AI bots can travel is beyond me... Sorry.

Now that my personal goals are listed, it would not be right to take total credit. There is nothing in this track that was created without the help of someone else, even if very small.

I built this with the help of people like Winterkill, Phineus, King Dave, MIYH and Rip VJ for posting what they know on either a web page or on KC's forum. And a thanks to Gromit for posting the .smf file format information to aid in figuring out the animated .smf's. If there is anyone I didn't mention, my apologies. Sometimes, even someones perspective can aid in achieving the final goal. Also a thanks to the MTMG site for making available all the models they have.

www.karfnet.com/mtmg

And a general big thanks to TRI for making games where we can build addon tracks in the first place.

My main point to get across is, there is no room for loners in a great game. Communities make great games and the more people a community has that shares thier love of a game or type of game, the better it becomes.

If anything in this track can be reused in another track you would like to make, feel free.

I neither care for, nor want credit, my personal goal has been achieved and if I happen to see my efforts in someone elses track, then all the better. I you want to give me credit, I won't stop ya ;)

My next big project is secret (till I get it done of course) :) and it may be a while.

Racing is my first love, and no one will know how hard it was not to forget about making this track and return to the track, LOL

Hope you like it.

Street.