MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:59 pm

Post subject: Onroad Adventure by Tarres
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 4:54 pm 
MTM2 Fanatic

I've been thinking of a Need for Speed-style track, Onroad Adventure. There is, like NFS, no way to exit the road but - don't fall dead on the subject yet - gaps between barriers can be driven through and, hidden in different locations are breakable barriers. Soooo... it's like NFS for a newbie, but for an advanced guy who knows what he's doing, it's like Super Duper Explorer 2.0 (by the way, don't ask your local store clerk for that game; it doesn't exist :) )

Also, it will have three shortcuts, which are intentional and must be raced in with a good way or you will get lost...

I think it will be a good track. How about you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 4:55 pm 
MTM2 Fanatic

By "fall dead" on the subject, I mean hear about being enclosed and die of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 5:09 pm 
MTM2 Engineer

je je imagines to me to once make a race of that same type. I believe that I need Models

[:P]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 5:15 pm 
Trackologist

Hehe hey Tarres. If you ask 20 people what they think about a particular track, some will love it, some hate it, while others will say it's ok. The point is there's something for everyone out here, and any track you make will appeal to someone, adding to the incomparable variety this game has to offer.

I will say this: hopefully you walked away from the Expo having learned a few things about track making. First and foremost - take your time. Once you have a basic layout with the texture work complete (or nearly complete...with checkpoints, I might add), drop it in the Beta Room here at MTMG. We'll give it the once over and provide you with feedback. From there you'll make any changes you feel are worthwhile, add more to the track, and repeat the process by allowing us to view your progression, once again providing feedback.

Be prepared to take constructive criticism, however. The goal is to help you produce a quality track that you'll be proud of and MTMers will enjoy playing. It's as simple as that. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 10:11 am 

Yup! The project sound interesting but it's easier to comment and or help when we can actually see it. As Cope said, Beta testing is the best way to get some feedback.