MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:14 am

Post subject: RCA Jam by Garret Lockhart
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:07 am 
MTM2 Fanatic

I wrote something else on this track, but this is a review.

You start in position #1 or #2, depending on the game's choice. You travel across a long straight and crush six or so cars. Then you turn a sharp corner and travel another straight, where you crush more cars. You then reach the finish line. I had a couple of races (Insanity car, me, versus the computer, in Repfan's Executioner I, 59 Chevy, and Bearfoot '89). EXE1 was the only truck to roll over. Between the two hairpin turns (the track is symmetrical) there is a large jump. Across it are the words, "Jumping Contest." To win it, back up to the truck preparation area (found through the large tunnel) and drive fast. If you're lucky, you should jump 35-40 feet into the air. This is always a big grabber of fun. My only suggestion would be to have another tunnel at the other end, so trucks that can't stop at the end can drive through it.

All in all, this is a great track. The textures for the jumps line up perfectly to the rest of the textures, the cars actually look nice, the preparation area... I'll explain it.

The prep area has four or five trucks in it being prepared for the race. One truck is nothing but frame, since the operators are working below it. A toolbox lies open where the tools come from. Outside the gates of the prep area are the semi trucks where the M/T's come from. There is also a road. Follow this road toward the race area and you will jump onto the top of the prep area tunnel. Very cool.

Above, I said something about my "only" suggestion. There's only one more, too. ONLY one more. I'd suggest a starting light.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 3:38 pm 

Dude, this was the first addon track I have ever downloaded! This is also the track where the first slap-wheelie in MTM2 history was done when Dan Defalco did it in Grave Digger 14. I would love to slap wheelie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 1:45 pm 
MTM2 Fanatic

Wow!