MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:24 am

Post subject: Honorable Mention
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 2:27 pm 
You Gonna Eat That?

Over the past years, I've ran many many tracks. Almost every weekend for these past few years, I download a handful and try them out, from as far back as 1997.

I can honestly say, I think I've driven each and every track that is uploaded here, at least once. Some aren't worth the download, most are pretty good, but there are a certain few that just really grabbed me. I continue to run these today, and will forever, I've welded them into my pod list to stay.

But for those of the younger crowd, that love racing, I had to mention a few that really keep me playing this game, even if no other new tracks ever get made from this day forward.

If you have never heard of, or checked any of these out, do so...

NKA_Duuks - Grinder's Revenge
Bond-007 - A Daze Drive Beta 1
NKA_Gizmo - Copperhead Road - Gizmo Pack 4
NKA_Gizmo - Stonewalled - Gizmo Pack 5
NKA_Gizmo - Stonehedge - Gizmo Pack 5
NKA_Gizmo - Dullsville Raceway - Gizmo Pack 6
NKA_Gizmo - Hit The Gas HTG - Gizmo Pack 6
NKA_Gizmo - Mud At The Glen - Gizmo Pack 2
NKA_Gizmo - Mud Mayhem - Gizmo Pack 2
NKA_Gizmo - Rattler Ridge - Gizmo Pack 2
NKA_Gizmo - Wascully Wacing Wun - Gizmo Pack 2
Vr_NightMare1 - VRX Need For Speed

You won't be disappointed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 2:40 pm 

i actually tried th duuks packs, but only a few worked because they were all mtm1 conversions.

duuks is an awesome track maker and hes getting better and better. he may have moved completely to evo, but his tracks are always something special to remember.

gizmo, another NKA who moved to evo... also a great track maker. duuks and gizmo are like track-making brothers hehe.

one thing strange i noticed about one of the mtm1 tracks by duuks is that the layout was very similar to Construction Junction (aka Construction Zone). i cant remember the name, but its in one of the mtm1 packs. it has lava/road textures and a lot of construction activity. very awesome track.

Quote:
Bond-007 - A Daze Drive Beta 1

only a beta? does that mean he never finished it, or was satisfied with the beta?

ps: do you think you could add some thumbnail pics of each track?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 7:18 pm 
You Gonna Eat That?

Yeah, I think that one just stayed a beta, it's just fine to me, so I think it doesn't matter, it's as good as a final to me.

Duuks has some good ones in his packs too, especially one in particular, I was gonna put it down too, but I forgot what it was called, I have to dl all his stuff again and find out.

As far as thumbnails go, sorry bro. Just go to the track page and get them all, all the packs mentioned. You won't be disapointed. Then do like I did, remember the best ones from each pack, use C-Pod, and disable the rest, and the trucks in each pack, I hate it when they do that.

I have many new tracks too, but I thought these all deserved mentioning, I'm stuck mentally in the past, so I just didn't want anyone to forget about some of the great ones, that would normally never get downloaded cuz some people don't like packs. I don't myself, but I took a chance years ago, and I've been running all those ever since.

Team SLO made a pack of my favorite tracks to run online, but I never mentioned any of these, I thought now I would. I love them because they all are high speed, just throw a brick on the gas pedal and steer, those kinds of tracks are my faves, circuits or rallys. Some require some finese, but they're all just fun to drive. Excellent layouts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 8:09 pm 
easy company

Yep all fun tracks RF, and they always will be. I haven't run any of them in a very long time so this's a good reminder for a revisit or two.. thanks

Another honorable mention. If it were not for Woody then many of the older tracks would be lost and not available today for everyone to enjoy. So if ya ever run into him, be sure and say thanks. :o)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 8:16 pm 
Glow Ball

Some first rate tracks there, Rep Fan. Giz's Pine Grove was one of the first few tracks that I ever downloaded and it's stayed a fav ever since.

Also, when we were building the pages I was uncertain about a lot of the mtm1 stuff. Fortunately, Woody saved most of them, and Street Grinder uploaded all the packs for us.

The story for packs is this. For mtm1 you could only mount thirty or thirty two pods total. You didn't get the different version message. So you had to merge them in order to get more into the game. It was a necessity. Same for trucks. I wonder if these guys would repod a few for us. I wouldn't expect all of them - there's tons. I just did pics for giz's pack 1 and there's eleven in just that pack. It's probably too much to ask for them all, but I wouldn't be surprised if they'd help out with a few.

[ edit ] gotta learn to type faster.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 9:01 pm 
The Dog House

Hey Kevin, the C-pod sounds like a must to have. Is it as simple as you describe? Ill have to look around for that one. Duuks & Gizmo do have some nice speed in their tracks. I agree, fun to run.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 9:31 pm 
Glow Ball

cpod rocks http://mtm2.com/~mtmg/cpod/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:29 pm 

hmmm Grinder's Revenge doesnt seem to work. backdrop model error, cannot environment map (as well as several others in the giz packs). most of the others worked fine though. for the ones that did work, great tracks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 12:52 am 
You Gonna Eat That?

turn off ALL reflections in your graphics section, under Options there Tyler, it'll go away.

MTM1 tracks don't use the 3D water like mtm2 does.

turn off water and truck reflections, everything will work fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 3:11 am 

i always have reflections off... so that cant be the problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:25 am 
You Gonna Eat That?

Maybe mounting it at the top of your list? [under Fixall of course]

I don't know what to tell ya man, all the ones I mentioned work great for me. There are a few in a couple of those packs that will error out, but that is to be expected when you run an MTM1 track in MTM2, but generally most always work. It has to be a Graphix issue I would think, something in your settings, but I can't be sure.

Phin, I wish they would make all the tracks seperately, so we can get the ones we want and make our own packs. I podzipped all my stuff here on my pc, but I don't like packs. It's just alot of extra MB's that you don't need, like dead weight.

If I had a top 10 list of fave track makers, Gizmo would be on it, I love his layouts, no matter how many tracks he's made, each one is different, and they're all great. I've always dreamed of driving my truck, [or someone else's... ahem] in the Baja. I love how those guys just go flat out, just running over everything. That is too cool, and that is how I like to drive in MTM2. I love tracks that you can just stay on the gas, keep the engine at redline, and just steer.

That's why I love the tracks that Giz, Finne, Mal, Phin, Wint, HotShoe, Yeastman, Zoon, Alpine, Psyco, etc. some of those tracks by those guys, you can go flat out like that, that just makes this game worth playing to me.

This is the best time for me to make stuff, and enjoy new/old stuff from others for me, since there is no NFL Football, and it's to HOT outside, I have nothing better to do with my days off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:56 am 
Glow Ball

Tyler Wysocki wrote:
i always have reflections off... .

Wrong. Environment mapping is reflections. Do like rep fan tells ya and turn off reflections in graphic options. And while you're there, turn visibility range down to seventy five percent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 12:11 pm 
The Dog House

Thanks Phin, the link at Ch 2005 for C-pod is down Temp. But Ill keep an eye on it. Does look like a nice program.
Got it man, just put support files in a folder with it kool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:33 pm 

Malibu350 wrote:
Another honorable mention. If it were not for Woody then many of the older tracks would be lost and not available today for everyone to enjoy. So if ya ever run into him, be sure and say thanks. :o)

Thank you for the mention, but the real praise should still go to KC. I downloaded almost all of them from there orginally. My only contribution was to re-upload them after he lost the files off his server. I guess I was bored for a month or two, I uploaded all of them a 56k modem :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:53 pm 
Glow Ball

> praise should still go to KC.

Absolutely. But don't short change your role. It's been a community/group effort from day one, and it still is.