MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:15 am

Post subject: Old MTM1 Tracks
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:25 am 

Taking you way back.... to the days of Windows 95

Does anyone know where I can get the old Monster Truck Madness Tracks? I can't tell whether these tracks are for MTM1 or MTM2. I was digging through my old games and installed MTM1 on my new computer and forgot about how fun old games were. There was this one track with a soccer goal and you were like a match-box car in a toy room, it was pretty cool. Any help would be greatly appreciated. And is MTM2 worth the investment?

~John~
----------

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:00 am 
easy company

My back up pc still runs win95 :o)

http://mtm2.com/~tracks/tracks.cgi?sort ... &year=1997

>And is MTM2 worth the investment?

MTM2 is worth every penny and then some.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:02 am 
Glow Ball

Hi John,

All downloads on the '97 page are mtm1 tracks. There are others on the pages for other years but not many. Those are marked as mtm1 in the 'type' column.

http://mtm2.com/~tracks/tracks.cgi?year=1997

I'm not sure specifically which track you're after. There were a few with soccer games in them. But all tracks have accompanying pictures so browsing shouldn't be too hard.

And don't forget the truck o rama

http://cownap.com/~truckorama/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:14 am 
Trackologist

Here ya go - http://mtm2.com/~tracks/tracks.cgi?sort ... &year=1997

We're in the process of running every track by year, and thus far we're up to '99. I ran quite a few tracks for '97, but I don't recall one like you're describing. That's not to say it's not here, it's just that maybe someone else ran it. If you'll notice, there's a garage display toggle at the top of the page. If you turn it on, it displays lap times and suggested garage sets for each track. If the garage dispaly is off, you'll see that each track has a link to a picture, so maybe you can find the track you're looking for using the track shots.

As for your question is MTM 2 worth the investment, in my opinion it's awesome. The ability to make add-on tracks/trucks, along with the versality and different game formats (racing, rumbling, RnR, CnR, freestyle, drags) are what do it for me. The community isn't as large as it used to be, but it's still here, and it's still very much alive, as you can see by this forum.

If get MTM 2, look me up and I'll introduce you to RnR, CnR, and the track lists we run.

Post subject: Thank You
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:28 am 

Thanks so much guys, I'll keep looking. I just wasn't sure when MTM2 came out and if the 97 tracks were safe. You guys are very well organized and the sights are awesome. Keep it up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:49 pm 

>> "There was this one track with a soccer goal and you were like a match-box car in a toy room"

I suspect you're talking about Fallow's Fun Park, a track I picked up <i>for use with MTM2</i> back in '99.

>> "And is MTM2 worth the investment?"

Yep. Do try the trial version of MTM2, it represents the capabilities of the full version quite well, and is an excellent demo to own.

The only problem with 'investing' is finding the CD for sale. I purchased several used ones on eBay a few months ago, and it seems to always be available there, new or used, alone or packed with other games.

For example, at this very moment, assuming a single bidder scenario:

You can get MTM2 with eight other games for $10 clear. You can get Racing Madness (three games) for $6 clear. You can get Racing Madness again for $5 clear. You can also get MTM1 for $5 clear. Now I'm not endorsing any of those links or the sellers, I'm just pointing out the pricing and availabilty commonly found on eBay. I'm basically posting this as an 'FYI' for everyone.

Post subject: Thanks
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:38 pm 

You're a genious, that was the track. Thanks again man. And I see what you mean, I went by EB today and they didn't know what I was talking about, looks like it'll be the e-bay way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:59 pm 
Trackologist

Quote:
You're a genious

Uh no...no, he's not, jmailib lol. A lot of people think that (two - you included), but it's just not so. I think he just got lucky, that's all. Heck, we're still waiting for him to put out a fixed version of Expo Loading Dock 2003 with the completed rumble and alternate texture sets lol ;)