MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:37 am

Post subject: MTM 1 Tracks in MTM 2
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:07 pm 

I would like to know where I can find either the tracks or a pack with all of the tracks from MTM 1 compatible with MTM 2. Can anyone find that for me. If it is on this site, I apologize, but I couldn't find it. Thanks for any help.

EDIT-
Okay. I think I found the 8-in-1 pack, but is that all? I thought there were more tracks to MTM1. I would appriciate finding all the tracks to MTM1. I never had MTM1 so I would like to see what tracks it had. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:38 pm 
The Dog House

I believe most if not all are compatible for MTM2. One of the guys will fill you in on that Im sure.

http://mtm2.com/~tracks/tracks.cgi?year=1997

http://forum.mtm2.com/viewtopic.php?t=3323

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:25 pm 
You Gonna Eat That?

That's right, it's the 8 in 1 tracks.

All the stock MTM1 tracks are on the track page, and named "Stock Tracks" It is all of them in one pod, they all are there except the Drags, the MTM1 Drags won't work in MTM2, even thought they are in the pod with the others, MTM2 doesn't recognize them, and they don't show up.

MTM2 was supposed to have Drags but Microsoft rushed TRI too much so they never got them done, and working in MTM2. So we got Rumbles instead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:29 pm 

To that fine advice I will add that the game developer (TRI) also released some great add-on tracks called "King of the Hill", "Crazier Eight", "Snowy Canyon" and the excellent "Sierra Logging Run". Links: KotH and the rest (by TRI)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:42 pm 

I was unaware that TRI released their own add-on tracks. Should I assume that these were mtm1 tracks?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:03 am 
You Gonna Eat That?

Wint may know more about this than me, but I think they were made after the release of MTM1 and were add-ons, I think...

But I think the one I'm thinking of is Crazier Eights, check that one out BD, it's funky, you'll see what I mean soon as the game starts.

It's really red. If that's not the one, there is one of them that was made by Jeff Barnes I think, whatever track he made, it's the red one, it's funky.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:09 am 

I clicked Wint's link and looked at the pic....Looks like you called it....Lotsas red terrain....I'll give it a tri (pun intended [;)] )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:59 am 

Yep.

Here's the blast from the past:

TRI's MTM - click 'downloads' to see the goodies,
another version,
a later incarnation.
Announcing TrackEd Version 1.1.
All of the old developer files.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:35 am 

Lol...Thanks for showing me that track RF...I saw the grader track model in it, and decided that I HAD to make it a drivable machine (heh heh).

You will find it in the truck downloads, and a post about it in the truck review section....Took me about 2 hours to convert it properly.

For some reason, the tire raws would not convert properly in FlyRawGui to bitmaps (they came out in greyscale!), so I had to make a new one for the sides of the tires (which still resembles the original).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:40 am 

Just thought I would add my two cents to this topic..

Those MTM1 addon tracks by TRI are great, one of my favorite MTM1 tracks was Sierra Logging. I believe it was used by Microsoft in their first "win a pickup truck" tournament. The original downloads were in an executable wrapper, that when you ran it would unpack the pod file, and automatically update the pod.ini file. Kind of a 'self install'.

I think the track author RF is referring to is Rowdy Barnes (a.ka. Mark Randel, TRI founder and president). I remember him using the 'Rowdy Barnes' name a couple of times in the Zone when MTM2 was first released.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:23 am 
You Gonna Eat That?

Thanks, I knew I was close on one of those names, I knew someone was named Barnes. Back then I just found that there were add-on tracks and got excited, but never paid any attention to who the people were.

This topic made me fire up MTM1 again after many years, and man that game is still fun. Sierra Logging Run is the only track that I used to run constantly. I'd switch it up once in awhile, but no matter what other tracks I ran, I always had to blast a few laps on Logging Run before I quit for the day. I love that track, and all of the MTM1 tracks. I have the original tracks always mounted in my MTM2 game.

Some classics you just can't part with. But playing MTM1 again, reminded me how much more advanced 2 is for modeling, graphics, etc. 2 could be so much better, but when you compare those two, wow what difference. I recommend that all racers get those stock MTM1 tracks, the layouts still stand in my opinion as some of the best race tracks ever. Just look past how bad they look. [:P]