MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:07 am

Post subject: Track Identifying
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 8:29 am 

I'm looking for a track I had about 3 years ago. It had Crazy '98 textures, a big bridge and Venezuelan flags around the track. I seem to remember that the maker's nickname began with N, and the track had a hotel model in it. The distinguishing feature for me was the message at the bottom of a lake, something like "Ha ha ha, Sucker!" lol. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 8:33 am 
Trackologist

Nrrivas? I think he's from Venzuela. His track Crazy 2000 has C-98 textures, but I don't know about the flags.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 8:34 am 

SLO_COPE wrote:
Nrrivas? I think he's from Venzuela. His track Crazy 2000 has C-98 textures, but I don't know about the flags.

That's the one. :) I must have spent hours trying to remember his name. :D

Got another one. An old MTM2 track, which had strange textures. Its preview picture was a picture of Executioner with the colours reversed. The track used a lot of the blue and white chequered texture from MTM1, it was very wide and had a section elevated on ground boxes. Hope you can help as quickly. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 8:38 am 
Trackologist

LOL well now you're asking for a near miracle. The first one was easy, but this one . . . I'd need a litte more info to even know where to start.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 8:41 am 

It was quite a long track,starting on an island kind of thing with yellowy textures. There was a very wide jump section, with some writing spelt out on the landing. I believe it was the name of the track, but I can't remember that so we're stuck there lol. I think the maker had a strange letter of character in his name.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 8:47 am 
Trackologist

Hmmm . . . well, anytime you throw in the word "strange" when describing a track, you could be referring to quite a few pieces of work lol. I ran hundreds of tracks during the MTMG project a while back, but nothing like what you describe jumps out at me. I do, however, recall seeing tracks with the checkered blue/white textures you describe. If I have slack time at work tonight I'll look around. Can you give me an approximate time frame for when this track was made? 2000/2001 or earlier?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 8:51 am 

I think it must have been pre-2001, because it was well before I came here. Can't remember where I got tracks before here though lol. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 8:59 am 
Trackologist

Hehe well there were still a couple of places to get tracks from in '01. Thanks for the info - that helps narrow the field just a tad. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 9:32 am 
Glow Ball

If you download the older iso's, you could preview thumbnails in windows explorer. That might help.

Mike 204 made a couple with odd texture arrangements/colors. And OP's 'unreal' had a unique look.

http://cownap.com/~tracks/trackshot.cgi ... strack=524

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 5:49 pm 

mike 204 has made interesting tracks for all three of TRI's racing games. i do recall the ones made for MTM2 have a lot of textures that were made up of one tile, but were rotated in all directions to create seamlessness. but lately he seems to have disappeared. this has happened before, until he popped up again out of no where.