MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:21 am

Post subject: Skull River Power Boat Track by TEAM DEATH
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2000 2:22 pm 

Having a little problem with this track...well I think its the boat thats causing the problem. I took a screenshot of the error...youll see what I mean:

error shot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2000 5:27 pm 

Tip for tracking down odd stuff like this:

Use Windows Find to search through your pods (*.pod) containing the text "silver.raw". Any pod that contains files calling upon silver.raw will be found. I suspect the track in question will be one.

Extract the problem pod, then search the folder for files containing the text "silver.raw" and a you may find the specific bin that calls upon that texture (you can even open a bin with notepad to see the texture names it uses). At least you'll know what file is the culprit.

See if the pod even contains a silver.raw.

Missing texture? One solution (no solution at all really) is to take any old texture and palette, name them "silver.*" and put them in a pod, mount the pod and the game will use that texture instead of crashing due to it being missing (because the bad texture size error is caused more often by a MISSING texture than an a actual wrong sized one. Its a quick fix when you know you have a bad pod but want to play it.

It's possible you have several pods with a "silver.raw" in them, and one may have a bad texture that is messing up the others, in this case the one mounted highest in the pod.ini would be the culprit.

Anyway, I've often used the FIND "containing text" feature to look in a bunch of pods for a file I needed, then opened it with winpod and extracted what I needed.

This post was made with 90% post consumer recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2000 1:07 am 

I unmounted all other pods so it must be having to do with this one. I searched through all the pods and Skull River was the only one that came up...extracted the pod and searched it for silver.raw and came up with driveshaft.bin in the models folder...dont see and silver.raw anywhere so I guess thats the reason. I knew how to do this at one time but it musta gotten shoved out of my little brain by other stuff...thanks for putting it back in