MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:28 am

Post subject: Bobsled Rally way by spider
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2000 1:16 am 
MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN, this track is awsom. It makes me look like an amature. Great textures, track layout, jumps etc. etc. in the "usual" spider quality.

Welcome back to one of MTM's legends is all I can say about this rally. 13 minutes of big fun and more to follow soon.........

If I had to rate it it would be something like this:

Start up GB's podmate and merge this one with startup.pod to be sure it's always in your MTM tracklist!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2000 2:53 am 
OOPS (tm) that should be OP's podmate. ;-))

PS I also used it to merge fixall.pod and startup.pod, so you don't have to open the pod.ini everytime to move fixall.pod to the top of the list. Just a small tip.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2000 4:08 am 
easy company

This is ONE of the better rallies made so far for mtm2, pleasing to the eye and a great course layout, that takes you from the highways to the snow to some dirt roads and back again, with some big air jumps in between.
this track reminded me a lot of yeastmans cascade summit... you must d/l this one

lap times between 7 & 9 minutes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2000 6:29 am 

This is an excellent track. It has some great texture lineups, it is a little long for a tourney but would be an excellent idea if it was shorter Image. Another great track from the maker of Palm Island!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2000 6:56 am 
Well, I guess the wait was worth it. Image This track reminds me a lot of The Cascades by the infamous Yeastman (I wonder where the heck that guy is? Image ) Anyway, this track is just plain cool! Image Image Image Image

Image The track itself, in my humble opinion, is the right mix of twisty tough corners, big & I mean HUGE air Image and fun areas to explore. I still wonder what Yeastman has in the track pipeline, seeing we haven't heard from him since the Tundra Finals came out in earrly '99.

Anyway, Bobseld isn't what it seems. There's only about one spot where it's like a bobseld run. When I saw the title, I was expecting something more like Extream Luge by DavDemBlues, but I wasn't dissapointed. I was pleasently surprized.

BRAVO! BRAVO! BRAVISIMO!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2000 7:35 am 

Yes, this was an awsome track, some of the best textures I have ever seen, and a great layout. A little long an drawn out, but every thing is worth it. Spider is great at making tracks, and is just a plain cool guy. Any ways, just thought I'd put in another good word for him Image

------------------
RuDeE

[This message has been edited by RuDeE (edited 13-03-2000).]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2000 12:09 pm 
Hey guys,

Thanks for all the comments, I'm really glad that people are still able to enjoy the work I did in here. I actually did have this for about a year, and out of the blue I just decided to release it haha.

The textures were fun to make, and if you seek advice, mine is just to screw around with many colors and filters in photoshop/paintshop. You'll come up with something Image I did each of these textures about 4 times before I liked them. And for the note, Rudee made the ice texture, the first texture on the track. I never expected to get 250 of them. Keep enjoying the track!

I don't know if I will ever be doing more mtm2 tracks, but you never know. Mtm2 is becoming pretty old, but I do it for the thrill of going back to my old favorite. Lets hope Image When I got mtm2 I was 12 years old and I found it by accident on a warez site actually, and then I found traxx and produced what everyone does their first time, a newbie track. I don't really need to say all this stuff, but I just did since I like remembering my first mtm2 days, I just loved editing these things. Palm islands was a big one, then the one I made with my good friend zoon, but then a year went by where I lost track of mtm2, but only to release a track a year later and find the mtm2 community still in existance. I'm glad for that Image

Ryan Brucks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2000 12:39 pm 

Spider "lost TRACK of MTM2"--- harhar!
I can't wait to try this track.

------------------
Keep on Monster Truckin'

EmceeMart

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2000 8:32 am 

I don't think this is a good track... Its great! Image Thats all I have to say

------------------
-Wipeout

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2000 11:57 am 

Superb! It was a pleasure just driving around this track and admiring the scenery. The textures, landscape, roads and course are all First Class.... a lesson to everybody who think they can put a decent track together.
One thing that bothered me though, the computer trucks seem to give up the race before the first corner..... is that just me, or my d/l???
A huge amount of effort has gone into making this track as near perfect as one can get in terms of the vista and realism. It would probably take a few pages just to describe the route, the models and textures. I shall probably be spending a lot more time with this course. If there was ever to be an MTM3 THIS should be one of the stock races to show what can be accomplished in this great program with talent and imagination.

------------------
Keep on Monster Truckin'

EmceeMart

[This message has been edited by EmceeMart (edited 17-03-2000).]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2000 9:43 am 

Excellent track.
20 check points through great altitude work, nice jumps, awesome graphics, very well done.

If not for the computer trucks, which never make check 1 it would be a 5 of 5.
I give it a 4.5 of 5 on the KC scale.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2000 2:55 pm 

This is a timely coincidence! I have been meaning to bring to Spider's attention my one and only quibble about this excellent track... but did not want to come over as somebody "trying to teach his grandmother how to suck eggs". If you read this Spider, don't think of it as criticism, just a word of observation from someone less experienced than yourself. The computer trucks have been mentioned in previous posts. Personally I don't race a great deal on-line so to have some competition from the comp trucks is essential to and enhances my MTM experience. I did notice that there seems to be a lot of track segments, after viewing the pod in Traxx. In my limited experience this practise really screws up the comp trucks... they tend to slow down between segments and if there are too many, close together, they get confused and give up the race (and usually try to shag a wall or something :-))
There are some corners with up to five seperate segments and I think this is what's causing the problem. I had a look at ZSrally (which has the same problem) and read the readme file, which sheds some light on the subject... in retrospect.
The course layout, the models, the textures, altitude changes are just about perfect... so it seems a shame (to me) that this track has any kind of "weakness".
Is there a possibilty that you will find the time to fix this? 'Cos I'm sure if you do, it will go down as a MTM Legendary track!
I do hope this guy is going to be around when 4x4 Evolution comes on the scene!
For anyone who hasn't seen this track yet: get it!

------------------
Keep on Monster Truckin'

EmceeMart

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2000 7:25 am 
Good Job! 'tis an excellent track. keep it up!