MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:47 am

Post subject: That's a lot of tracks, looking for a specific one...
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:32 pm 

Back in '98 or '99, when I used to run MTM1 on my poor P120, I made about two dozen 'tracks' for it, of which exactly 1 was ever finished. That track is long gone now due to an accidental deletion of my .zip archive in '00, but I've recently gotten into MTM2 and am looking for a track that resembles it as closely as possible.

It was a '?'-shaped track with a small area to turn around at each end, resulting in head-on traffic. But a couple of small bumps on the straights and some AI pathing tweaks at the corners enabled the AI to avoid each other pretty well. The player had a harder time, of course.

From my experience with those other two dozen minus one tracks, it is very easy to create a head-on track that results in total chaos. What I'm looking for is a head-on track that is actually sort of playable by the AI, one where the challenge lies in avoiding traffic yourself instead of watching the AI eliminate each other and never complete a lap while you cruise to the finish line.

Any suggestions...?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:00 pm 

nope ive never seen a track like that, search mtmg thru those years you said, you might find the track

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:41 pm 
Glow Ball

That's not much to go on. What name(s) were you using back then, did you upload it or post it on a web page, was it mtm1 and what track was it based off of - I mean, what textures did it use. If it's here, and it might be, most all tracks have pictures so that might help if you care to browse. Please note, tho, that we didn't get "all" the tracks. We got as many as we could manage, but stuff happens and they didn't all survive over the years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:02 pm 

Um... I never actually released it (didn't even have an internet connection ~ sigh I'm old), but I'm looking for something as close to it as possible, hence the lengthy description. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:54 pm 

ah, hmm, not sure who to ask lol, i can say personally ive never made a track like that, i dont think any zoons are like that, nothing ive ever played is like what you have described, are you sure it wouldnt just be easier to make another one?

I found a few that fists your description a bit

http://www.mtm2.com/~tracks/dl.cgi?dl=3166

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:07 pm 
easy company

Raceway '99 by Zero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:09 am 

Hello Brother Laz. I have to recommend you try Wake Up!, it has some bi-directional roads and was made in such a way that the computer trucks were meant to be part of the scenery and some fun to avoid.

Also, for track making be sure to try Traxx. (the latest, greatest version) Hope to see some new tracks from you some day.