MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:42 am



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next   
Author Message
 Post subject: SP's Outback
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:19 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:16 pm
Posts: 9
Location: Maryland
one question: whats with all the water? am i missing something here? Great track, very detailed, but because of the water it isnt very much fun.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: a bug maybe?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:23 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:16 pm
Posts: 9
Location: Maryland
could it a be a bug with my game? everytime i came out of the water, the scenery would flood with water. i finished with a lap time of 10 mins, but according to OLD_Mum the best time is 4 mins. so it has to be somethign else...im confused here...I have fixall and all that. could someone please help me?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:25 pm 
Glow Ball
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 02, 1999 7:00 pm
Posts: 8
Turn off reflections in graphic options. See if that helps.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: thanks
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:27 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:16 pm
Posts: 9
Location: Maryland
turning off reflections fixed it. ty Phin :D very nice track!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:28 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:02 am
Posts: 163
Location: Belgium
There is only one place where you should drive through the water... and there it isn't deep at all.. so i can't see your problem to be honoust.
You say : "when I come out of the water... " Where exactly is that ?

_________________
I love motorsports, because for soccer, basketball, tennis, golf, ... you only need 1 ball


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:30 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:02 am
Posts: 163
Location: Belgium
to late i see :)
glad it works now lol.. had cold and warm at the same time. Had a problem with last track i made lmao. When i uploaded everything went wrong and the entire track was toast. Glad Phin could help me out back then :-)

_________________
I love motorsports, because for soccer, basketball, tennis, golf, ... you only need 1 ball


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:10 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 19, 2003 12:54 pm
Posts: 124
Location: Belgium
Hey good job mum!!

(y)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:04 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2000 2:01 pm
Posts: 0
It's a beautiful track mumhra. Another beautiful track that is. Very cool, although it has some complexity issues. :)

>> Whats with all the water?

Yeah, the track immediately flooded when I launched it. The problem is the two very complex trucks used as scenery objects, particularly at the start of the race. Since the game can't handle that kind of complexity the track floods up to the level of the highest truck within range (they probably should have been set to normal or complex to give people an option). This flooding has become known as the 'Noah Effect', and turning off 'reflections' in the hardware options will cure it but it also removes the reflectivity from the water.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:02 am 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:02 am
Posts: 163
Location: Belgium
Hey, just back from a short vacation in the snow. Deep snow lol. Had mega fun in the mega powder :D

Well.. about those trucks Wint. I had no idea how to make props from those trucks. So i asked around a little for someone who could help me out (SP actually did the asking around part lol). Rep Fan wanted to, but he had not time. If I could wait long enough he would've done it for us, but i wanted to do as much as possible myself.
Then D2S explained in mail to SP how to do it. She gave that mail to me. D2S warned us about the complexity of the trucks and that it would prob cause probs in game. He even explained how to make the trucks less complex. He even said that traxx probably wouldn't even load those models because they were just to complex.
Now i decided to try it out. Opened binedit (never done that before lol) and followed the mail D2S sent to SP. When the prop was ready binedit said that there were lots of unused vertices and asked if they could be removed. I clicked yes, saved the prop and try to load it in traxx. No problem, then i tried the game. Again, no problem. I did not even have serious lag issues so i decided that this must be ok. Then i did the angel of retribution truck. Again, no problems.
I was not aware of the flooding stuff. Looks like i always have that reflection box unticked in game. Setting those trucks to normal or complex would indeed have been an option, but i just forgot to do it. No excuses there.. just stupid me who did not think of it lol

_________________
I love motorsports, because for soccer, basketball, tennis, golf, ... you only need 1 ball


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:25 am 
Gone Walkabout
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:35 am
Posts: 665
Its a fantastic track Mumhra, thank you.

No complexity issues my end and no flood on my screen, guess i must always race with it off too, have raced with a few on the track and all good there as well. A touch of lag but it will be fine. Thank you for putting my trucks in there too.

Great work Mumhra and thank you so very much :)

Glad you had fun in the snow! Welcome back.

_________________
Tournament Host:
MTM2
http://www.mtm2tournaments.com
http://www.mtm2online.com
Evo1
http://www.evo1online.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:03 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:39 pm
Posts: 1769
Location: Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
the track to me seems well done, but to me it was super boring, like a blind guy could make the turns. the only challenge in this track was checkpoint 2, and i say that because i never did find it, i never found a single checkpoint marker either. I'm trying not to be mean here but I seriously did not like this track.


I'd like to restate that this is just my opinion. I know many ppl like the wide open fast and easy tracks. i'm just not one of them.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:53 pm 
Glow Ball
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 02, 1999 7:00 pm
Posts: 8
Here ya go, Slayer. All the checkpoints for you, and their markers, from start to finish.
<ul><li><a href="http://mtm2.com/~forum/images/spoutbackbymumhracps.jpg">spoutbackbymumhracps.jpg</a></li></ul>


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:29 pm 
easy company
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 29, 2000 2:01 pm
Posts: 2018
Quote:
super boring


I find the track to be a great challenge to run consistently in the 430 range, but then I use a keyboard to drive... I'm beginning to think that people who use sticks and wheels just get bored with mtm tracks as a whole. That makes me sad as a fan of the game, but understandable.


nice job mum.

i'd of toned down the scenery models a bit via traxx complex flags for the slower pc guys but overall it's a very cool race track and a nice tribute to the lovely ShadowPrincess.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:00 am 
You Gonna Eat That?
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2001 2:01 pm
Posts: 923
Location: Nebraska
Amen brotha!

I'm a keyboard racer myself, I think this track was very cool, I told MUM online what'd I'd change, and that was... being a guy that has never used the map and hates to, the course needs to be a lil more clearly stated.

And I thought it was a lil dark myself, but the "MUM Man" says he looked into both of my issues, and fixed em both, and now I have no complaints, even tho it was for that one Aussie chick... why is anyone doing anything for her anyway? what's she done?

[:P] [:P] [:P]

_________________
Rep Fan's Garage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: sp soutback
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:57 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:46 pm
Posts: 280
Location: Rye Texas
the first thing i see is not a lot of traction on the sand parts. i like to power in a corner and slide through the corners not here and when you hit the brakes you just keep on going and going and going not to bade but way to wide of track after three laps bored. thank levi


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:22 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:39 pm
Posts: 1769
Location: Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
Phineus wrote:
Here ya go, Slayer. All the checkpoints for you, and their markers, from start to finish.
<ul><li><a href="http://mtm2.com/~forum/images/spoutbackbymumhracps.jpg">spoutbackbymumhracps.jpg</a></li></ul>


so the check points r those billboards??? lol

I guess im used to the feel that the checkpoint is a sort of super imposed thing on the track and should be kind of ignored when u look at the track as a whole. so the check points that appear as part of the scenery kind of confuse me i guess.






edit:
now that ive raced some more laps on it, i do see the difficulties when racing this track and the skill required. such as that swamp part. i guess i do sort of like the track. lets say im indifferent

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:15 am 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:02 am
Posts: 163
Location: Belgium
Just got back from little vacation in snow again. I know, i'm a fanatic lol :D .

First thing i wanted to say is that some people seem to think the track is boring in places. Well, to be honoust i can understand them. It's a long track that's very wide at places. I'm not a big fan of that either. But before i started working on this track i tried to find out what SP likes in a track. I did not say why i wanted to know (because she did not know i was making this track at first) but i gathered that she likes just how big her Australia is. How vast is is, how much place there is... So the track had to be wide and give a feeling of freedom, espacially in the outback part.
Now i'm not that bigga fan of those wide open tracks either, but i was making this track for SP. My first concern was making a track that would make her happy. I made X-Raid (based upon Paris-Dakar) but that is also not one of my favo's to race on. Give me the tightness of Ouarzazate, it's more challenging. Nevertheless, now this track is finished i just love it. I think it's challenging enough and still shows the vastness and the freedom that seems to be normal in Australia. So i'm happy with it, SP seems to be happy with it. And what other people think about it... I can't please everybody. Some like small tracks with lots of shifting and turning, other like long straight ends where you can go flat out for several seconds. So if you don't like it you better run tracks you do like. I hate drags, so i don't race them either. Everybody is different. Lucky, would be a boring world if we were all the same.

levi wrote:
the first thing i see is not a lot of traction on the sand parts.


Stay in the middle of the track. Enough grip there. The sides of the road are set to gravel, so less grip there. And if you completely go off track the textures are set to mudd. Almost no grip what so ever there.
The reason i did this ? Well, go cutting the track if you like that, but it comes at a price.

Malibu350 wrote:
I find the track to be a great challenge to run consistently in the 430 range, but then I use a keyboard to drive...


Do you drive trny's also with a keyaboard ??? Man, i must congratulate you lol. You are super fast then. Lucky you don't race with a wheel or joystick because then we would only be able to see your tail lights :)

_________________
I love motorsports, because for soccer, basketball, tennis, golf, ... you only need 1 ball


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:00 am 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:02 am
Posts: 163
Location: Belgium
Rep Fan wrote:
even tho it was for that one Aussie chick... why is anyone doing anything for her anyway? what's she done?

[:P] [:P] [:P]

:) Well.. for starters she helps keeping MTM community alive. Her trny's mean a lot to online mtm2 racers.
And second. She just is a nice person. I love chatting with her and spending a little time with her. So i thought she deserved a track. Truck makers make trucks for her, so why wouldn't a track maker make her a track ?

Slayer wrote:
the track to me seems well done, but to me it was super boring, like a blind guy could make the turns.

ow yes, SP decided to run this track for her trny this weekend. If track is so easy and boring i suggest you join us racers for this tournament. Would be an easy win for you [;)]

_________________
I love motorsports, because for soccer, basketball, tennis, golf, ... you only need 1 ball


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:18 am 
easy company
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 29, 2000 2:01 pm
Posts: 2018
>>> 'SP decided to run this track for her trny this weekend'


sweet! ... she's way better looking than Drive2Survive and much slower I hope .. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:02 am 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:02 am
Posts: 163
Location: Belgium
Malibu350 wrote:
>>> 'SP decided to run this track for her trny this weekend'


sweet! ... she's way better looking than Drive2Survive and much slower I hope .. :)


Dunnow if she will race lol. I ment that she was hosting.

and slower.. i'm sure of it..
better looking.. dunnow.. dunnow what D2S looks like :D

_________________
I love motorsports, because for soccer, basketball, tennis, golf, ... you only need 1 ball


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next   


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group