MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:50 pm

Post subject: Pain In The Grass by World
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:03 pm 

does anyone know of a short cut on pain in the grass track. i cant any closer to the fast lap time than 341.13. the fast lap time is 323.14 the last i looked. im not more than 7 sec. slower on any track ive drove.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:56 am 
Glow Ball

Pain In The Grass by World

http://cownap.com/~tracks/details.cgi?t=1380

3.23.14 by SLO_Nanoo

I just ran two laps and got 3:52 on the second lap. There's a long way down to 3:23 but I don't think it's unreasonable. My time is not knowing the track very well - not well enough to run a fast lap, anyway - and I just followed the road, which is pretty rough in spots. If I were striving for a fastlap, I think there's two things, beside tightening up the corners, that I'd look to do. Before cp12 (or 13) there's that big jump. I'd slow down so as not to get very much air. You make better time with wheels on the ground. The other thing is the tunnel. When you first enter it, call the helicopter and when it comes immediately drop yourself on the roof. It's much smoother and faster driving up there than over those whoops in the tunnel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:26 am 

thanks phineus ill try that. ican get to the fast time 323.14 by time i get to tunnel. but that tunnel gets me the 341.13 time thanks levi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:14 am 
Trackologist

My best time is 3:25, and that's without "working" the track to shave seconds. There are a couple of minor cuts. I didn't know about the heli-tunnel deal lol. What I do know, however, is that Nanoo didn't know that cut either; he got that time by making use of several slight corner cuts that exist within the track and line. :) That's a very difficult track, however, and it takes a while to figure out what line to use in different areas that when combined, will shave off the most time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:13 pm 

Quote:
however, and it takes a while to figure out what line to use in different areas that when combined, will shave off the most time

Take a while, Cope actually mean a few hours a day for several days and that's if you're already extremly confortable with your controler. To my recollection, Nanoo made those laps while getting ready for a tournement and he practiced very extensively to shave the last 2 seconds. Actually, he did just a few laps under that 25 mark over probably several hundred laps lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:19 pm 

that seams like to much time to pratice but to get good and if every one else is doing it then i guess that is the only way to keep up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:58 pm 

Yup! Lead or follow lol