MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:05 pm

Post subject: Salinas Sports Complex 2007 By White2098
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:47 pm 

my first replica. this is a replica of the monster jam i went to last month. let me know what you guys think!

ENJOY!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:07 pm 
Glow Ball

Get it here : http://mtm2.com/~tracks/details.cgi?t=4684

[tu]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:58 pm 

For those that don't read over at www.mtm2draggers.net I'll post my review here as well.

What can one say negative about White's latest track release? Not much let me assure you. White has taken a fairly short amount of time when it comes to building a replica track and turned out one of the best Monster Jam Summer Heat tracks in the past 2 years.

The dirt detail is imacculate right down to the shading around the buildings. The "used" flour lines and race ruts make it pop out and scream that your not looking at a MTM2 track but some other games. The model textures are second to none and really again pop out and scream your not playing mtm2.

The models created for this paticular track really set the feel of the track. Salinas has some rather unique grandstands and press boxes and White without a doubt captured the look of these perfectly. The on track models are flawless right down to the used look for Freestyle when vans and cars get slightly crushed down. The ramp models are done with such precission and accuracy that again it looks like it's not a MTM2 track at all.

The ramp work for White is also incredible seeing how you can count the amount of tracks he's made on one hand. They've got a realistic feel that can still make a driver go crazy on an "unrealistic" event. One touch that I really liked and was taken by surprise with was the fact that both the dirt van stacks are sideways hitabble. This is an AWESOME touch for a replica track and gives guys during an event to do something different. Racing ramps, and tough truck ramps are also perfectly done.

The only minor things I found on this track that could be looked into for future installments would be the lack of scenery around the track itself and the inaccuracy of the on track banners. For scenery around the track a few tree's could've been added around like I've seen in photo's of the actual event to make the landscape feel less "flat" so to speak. The other thing that's a noticable flaw would be the inaccuracy of the on track banners. This could easily be changed but even though they're wrong White still made them look fantastic.

The bottom line is that this is a FANTASTIC track and a great replica. I've found zero lag on full graphic settings on either the racing or freestyle track. This would be a great addition to any league's schedule especially Payne's Monster Jam Tour summer heat. Overall great job White and I'm sure many of us including myself are looking forward to your next track installment!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:46 pm 
easy company

Dave the Smasher said it best so all I have to add is awesome job on the track whitester, keep up the good work man. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:03 pm 

yeah man good job, that was the best show iv seen in Salinas so far. anyways good job and its my favorite track in MTM2.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:23 pm 

yeah, that show was awesome!

here's a video in case anyone is interested.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... 2030815586