MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:37 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: 3rd Made, World Finals 1
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:48 pm 

This is the best one yet. It's not as good as my other tracks, because some of the models are backwards... :/(Beside The Yellow Cars, To The Right, Stack)

And my tracks are fictional too...

But your welcome Jet; it's my best try...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:56 pm 
Glow Ball

http://mtm2.com/~tracks/details.cgi?t=5029
http://mtm2.com/~tracks/tracks.cgi?s=not+exactly

> because some of the models are backwards..

What's your hurry? For future tracks, just take your time and fix things up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:02 pm 

Phineus wrote:
http://mtm2.com/~tracks/details.cgi?t=5029
http://mtm2.com/~tracks/tracks.cgi?s=not+exactly

> because some of the models are backwards..

What's your hurry? For future tracks, just take your time and fix things up.

Thx for the link; I thought it would take more than 3 hours to place models...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:05 pm 

i would like to request that this track be temporarily removed please.

no offense TlathamXmahtalT, but i do not want mine and slick's stadium model being used for something that took you a couple days to do. i will only allow certain people to use that model, specifically not people who just throw things together. i spent many many hours on that model, as did slick, and i don't appreciate it being used like this.

Another reason i would rather not have that model used is because it's for the world finals and i want it to be authentic to the actual world finals and nowhere else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:08 pm 

i also noticed this in the readme,

Quote:
textures - Slickster, Me, Someone else... :/

so i spent hours texturing that entire stadium and get "someone else" as credit...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:11 am 

white2098 wrote:
i would like to request that this track be temporarily removed please.

no offense TlathamXmahtalT, but i do not want mine and slick's stadium model being used for something that took you a couple days to do. i will only allow certain people to use that model, specifically not people who just throw things together. i spent many many hours on that model, as did slick, and i don't appreciate it being used like this.

Another reason i would rather not have that model used is because it's for the world finals and i want it to be authentic to the actual world finals and nowhere else.

One, ok, but I have seen other people using your/Slick's WFs models, so I'm not the only one.

Two, I tried to make an ACTUAL REPLICA of the WFs, but like I said before, my computer froze so I couldn't finish it.

Three, you're starting to sound like *edit*

Four, if I am not going to use your models, then I need a legitimate crowd model for the WFs. Again, not trying to get anybody into this, but either a good painted texture, or a legitimate model. I cannot make crowd paint because idk how. I can only make dirt/snow/grass/cement (Ground), and I don't have the time to make REALLY REALLY good textures.

And finally five, we all know how long it takes to make models, but am I the only one that uses other people's? No. If you all cannot listen, and listen good, then idk. I REALLY dk. I mean, I told you all I can't understand D2S'/Runt's tutorial, and I can't see DD's, and I don't even know if there is a model tutorial.

So at least let me use your models, dang... it's not like I don't appreciate it. I actually adore your models. And like all the others said to *edit* appreciate that other people love and adore your models so much that they use them. I mean, I'm not the only one using your/Slick's models. I bet you somebody is making a track with your guy's models RIGHT NOW. If they read this, they will correct their mistakes and use other, crappy, models. And I'm not saying everybody's models are crappy, just a few select ones by a few select people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:13 am 

white2098 wrote:
i also noticed this in the readme,

Quote:
textures - Slickster, Me, Someone else... :/

so i spent hours texturing that entire stadium and get "someone else" as credit...

And dude, U NEVER HAD TEXTURES IN THERE! YOU ONLY HAD A MODEL! At first, I was gonna use your textures, but thank GOD that I didn't. I am glad I didn't get munched on by that. The "someone else" is, I think, Charlie, who worked with slick at first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:22 am 

are you kidding me right now? your best excuse is that you don't know how?

I don't care if you use every model i've ever made, but i made it clear that nobody use that stadium model that I, WHITE2098, textured. there is not one texture on that model that belongs to slick aside from the unlv ticket booth.

Other people i talk to about things like this understand and have enough respect to let it go and use something else. I spent more time on that stadium than you did on the entire track, so what makes you think you have the right to give me such an attitude for kindly asking you to remove something?

This is straight out of the readme from the world finals i made,
    Everything on this track was done by me from textures to models except the following,

Stadium Model - Slick714(textures me except for unlv ticket tower)
    Trees - Slick714
    original track layout - Slick714
    scoreboard tower - Slick714(textures me and i touched up the dice and flames)
    bus/tanker/boat - malibue350(textures mostly mine)

and special thanks to Dave Collard for,

ramp work
    cameras
    de-lagging

thanks a ton bud!

that just about covers it, please feel free to use everything except the stadium textures and please re-texture any obstacles you decide to use.

You keep telling me i'm turning into some model nazi and how rude this is of me when you've never made a dern thing and are too lazy to even read a tutorial. i work my ass off on this game and let everybody use everything i've ever made. I just specifically asked that these not be used, and nothing else. look around, my work is on half the trucks being release now, and i don't say anything, i actually enjoy seeing that.

You need to adjust your attitude big time. this is just ridiculous what you just said, and a complete slap in my face. I'm not going to argue about this, so just take what i said and try to learn something from it. Just because this is the internet doesn't mean you can say or do whatever you want, you need to respect people and their hard work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:56 am 

*edit* no swearing and no insults, thank you. *edit*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:38 am 

TlathamXmahtalT wrote:
*edit* no swearing and no insults, thank you. *edit*

Umm, I'm not the only one that swore here. Look up.

And another thing, I was talking about my track. If it was gonna cause this controversy, then I wasn't even gonna post it.

And yes, you do act like a "Model Nazi", White.

And last thing, looking up at some of the other person's stupidity is why I got put out of different place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:12 am 

I'm not the one being stupid, and i don't see where in this thread i acted stupid nor swore. i kindly asked you to remove something that had already been mentioned in a readme text file for the track and in a post after releasing the track.

I'm obviously not a model nazi, i'm one of the most generous guys in this game and will continue to be so. It's a simple request, i don't see why you are having such a hard time abiding by it.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]