MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:58 am

Post subject: Atlanta Monster Jam (my first track)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:52 pm 

i was just wondering if anyone would test and review my first track for me....give me some pointers as to what i really need to improve on for next time other than the cross thread ramps suck and stick out too far.... yea i realize that... i just just could not get a grasp on it.... anybody who can help me with that....do i need longer boxes? shorter and steeper? be really speciific.... lol and again...anything else....

http://www.154.ca/~tracks/details.cgi?id=5066

i have 2 versions of fs but the pods clash with each other... i know about how to fix it ( i think.... :( ....... ) but i was unable to before the computer messed up and after restarting, and reopening, half the models disapeared, which is another problem in itself... but at least i finished and saved the pods.... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:33 pm 

Hey Chad,

For your first track this is really well done. I've seen a lot of people have a harder time and not as good as a result in their first shot but your catching on well. Appearance wise track looks good. I get the feeling of the Atlanta Monster Jam when I'm inside of it. Your race cams work, your ramps for the most part work (the freestyle part 2 ramps are rather sticky). You'll find that with practice your ramps will get better and better and you'll learn tricks here and there to make them handle more like you want.

Your issue with the names has to do with naming the file "atlanta" then whatever session you've got say racing or freestyle. Many people to beat this glitch is to name tracks with special characters or abbreviations to start in order to trick the system. Examples would be: FS, MJ FS, ATL FS, etc.

Also you can merge your pods together into one pod reducing file size when you upload by using:

http://mtm2.com/%7Emalibu350/downloads/mtm2/utility/podmate202.zip

It's a self explanatory POD Merging Program. All the Draggers generally use it to reduce there file size.

You've got a grasp on the basics which is important keep practicing and you'll climb the track making ladder. As always post questions here and on draggers and we'll help ya out best we can!

Good luck in future projects guy!

Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:43 pm 

thanks....ramps in fs part 2 are exactly the same... the only difference is the box van.... could just be the way u hit them as they are a tad rough...otherwise i dont understand....

plus i was using 1.4... i just upgraded... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:40 am 

i fixed some things and re-uplaoded...im actually happy with it now...cept for the dirt...too late to fx that the way i wanted...

by the way dave...when did u become Canadian, friend?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:35 pm 

Ha I'm French-Canadian in heritage.

1.5 is without a doubt leaps and bounds above 1.4. You can use the keys to move objects around which gives MUCH finer adjustments.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:21 pm 

dont call me buddy, guy!
dont call me guy, friend!
dont call me friend, buddy,
dont me buddy, guuuy!