Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:42 pm

Post subject: DMS Mountain Rally by DMS Fila
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2000 7:59 pm 
Glow Ball

Track - DMS Mountain Rally
Maker - DMS Fila
Genre - Rally

This is a long rally by a rookie track maker who, it is quite obvious, is heavily influenced and affected by ZooN's tracks and envies ZooN's track making talents.

Fila boasts that in spite of times where he was (thankfully) victorious in incredible struggles to fend off creeping ennui and despite being new to the track making scene, he's completed an 11:30min rally, and, to give him the heart that he so pleadingly asks for in his readme file, it took me 15:47 to complete my first lap - though I won't go so far as to say I could shave any time off that number on a second or third lap. But enough chatter from me.

DMS Mountain Rally uses textures from several stock tracks including c98, breakneck and scrapyard. There are a few custom textures thrown in the mix as well. The course is indeed long and winding and covers a lot of terrain. The road, mostly pavement from c98, is always in sight and the map will help you if you get turned around - however don't call for the helicopter under any circumstance because the extended courses are not set and you'll likely end up someplace in no man's land. By the same token, you wont get much competition from the computer trucks. Anyway. The biggest drawback to this track is the altitude work, which is unnavigable at some points. And now it's time for some straight-shooting english here: The altitude work is jagged, abrupt, uneven, and extremely rough. Sorry, that's as straight-shootin' as I can be and still be mindful of young fila's young heart and his efforts of epic magnitude.

Unless you can find something appealing or at least mildly amusing about a zealous and overly ambitious team-proud track maker, then I suggest you give this one a pass. And Fila, keep working on that altitude.

------------------
- Phineus