MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:01 pm

Post subject: Rt77 (BETA3.5) by c_man99
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2001 5:13 am 

Thank you EVERYONE for your support, and d/ling all the betas!!

Please dont let all these betas discourage you from getting the final version. They're there primarily there for beta _testers_. But if you DO get them - and send me your feedback, I'd REALLY appreciate it!!

Some time ago I made a post called "A custom model request" on the BINEdit board. It was for overhead flashing RR-signals. Enocell came through for the MTM community and made the model for me. He has since been making other models for my track, and sending me feedback and suggestions. He's also been a great beta tester. Other dedicated beta testers include Diablo, TheLB, Chi, and Smashedtruck. Thank you guys!!

IF there is anything you want to tell me just drop me a line at: chris1@sover.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2001 12:33 am 
Trackologist

Hey guy, I d/led your track, ran it several times, and I must say I'm very much impressed! Sure, the "Enocell influence" is readily apparent, but you've wisely chose an exceptional track maker to work with--I love Enocell's work.

I don't have any hard-line critques; I think you did a great job! Initially I wondered why you chose not to go with a blacktop texture, which would afford racers a much better grip, but then again, the surface you have works great...kinda makes it more of a finesse track vs all out speed.

I also think the mixture of difficult/easy corners and aspects of your track are very well balanced. Can't just go flying thru every turn. : )

Overall great job, bud. Mind you, I don't make anything with respect to MTM 2, hence this is just "joe-blow racer's" point of view. One thing's for sure though, when this goes final I'll be sure to grab it and put it on my page, as well as suggest that it goes on SLO's Always Podded List!! Again, excellent work C-man99!

Take care!

[This message has been edited by SLO_COPE (edited 16-05-2001).]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2001 8:54 am 
Thanks alot Cope for your reply and compliments!! Im working hard to make this a great track, and Enocell just jumped into the project too. He did some simple yet incredible work w/ roughening up areas of terrain and painting it in is rock. It gives areas of the track a more Maine look. This is something I tried to do before, but I'm simply not good at it.

You're right about the Enocell influence in my work. I recently ran Enocell's tracks on Vales/MTMG, and Enocell immediately became my favorite track maker. At about the same time (coincidentally), Enocell happened across a custom model request that I posted here on MTMG, and came through for me. We got in touch, and things led to him helping me out w/ the track. He's been making models, and doing some work on the track now.

About the pavement...it was too slippery, due to an error in Traxx. I fixed it now, because that's not the way I wanted it.

Beta 4 is on thew way and I hope you d/l it. Please send me your compliments/criticsms (this goes for everyone), as they are very important to the development of the track. For example...your 2 favorite things...2 things you would change if you could...rate the track on a scale of 1-10...etc.

Thanks again Cope and cya around!

-c

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2001 11:51 pm 
Trackologist

Oh yeah, I'll d/l it for sure!! So you changed the texture of the racing surface, eh? Cool--I'll wait til I run it and see how it compares with what you originally had. I'll also rerun the track several times with your critique guidelines in mind. : )