Zoon
Chad
Dave Collard
DiggerFan
RobbyH14
Mal
Phin
Kmaster

Post subject: Re: Your FAVORITE Track Maker?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:44 pm 

TlathamXmahtalT wrote:
White
Steve (Parry [Crazyman9])
Dave
John (DiggerFan)
Me (Hehe)
Daniel (Sommerfeld)
Stephen (Black [KingKrunch])
Robby (Haught)
Matt (Dooley [MattInTheHat])
DkriderGZ
Chad
Kevin (Milloy [Kouvre]

Kingkrunch would be me...Matt Demko...
But im honored to be metioned. I am no way up to par with the others.

My faves...

White
dave collard
steve Perry
Scott (IamgGalvatron)
John(DiggerFan)
Chad
Ryan(RKM)
Kevin Payne
Kozak(has some good penda tracks)
Max
Slick
Daniel Summerfield(had a blast with the TMSS tracks)
and last but not least...
Matt(inthehat)Dooley and Matt(destroyerfan)Ribesky.I <3 u guys [(-:]
the last two are two of my favorites to work with as well...

Post subject: Re: Your FAVORITE Track Maker?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:37 pm 

kingkrunch wrote:
TlathamXmahtalT wrote:
White
Steve (Parry [Crazyman9])
Dave
John (DiggerFan)
Me (Hehe)
Daniel (Sommerfeld)
Stephen (Black [KingKrunch])
Robby (Haught)
Matt (Dooley [MattInTheHat])
DkriderGZ
Chad
Kevin (Milloy [Kouvre]

Kingkrunch would be me...Matt Demko...
But im honored to be metioned. I am no way up to par with the others.

My faves...

White
dave collard
steve Perry
Scott (IamgGalvatron)
John(DiggerFan)
Chad
Ryan(RKM)
Kevin Payne
Kozak(has some good penda tracks)
Max
Slick
Daniel Summerfield(had a blast with the TMSS tracks)
and last but not least...
Matt(inthehat)Dooley and Matt(destroyerfan)Ribesky.I <3 u guys [(-:]
the last two are two of my favorites to work with as well...

Figured that out that you weren't S. Black a few months before this. Lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:48 pm 

Cant believe someone looks at me as a fav track maker, thanks alot man, I really appreciate it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:32 pm 

You make some really nice Stuff DK. I;ve been researching good track makers, and new techniques etc.. your tracks come up time after time.

Ive spent more than a few hours looking at the details in your tracks.

some tracks are pretty, some have a good racing line, some have a sense of adventure, few have all these qualities. You seem to pay attention to all of the above when you make a track. For sure a lot of your tracks are on the always podded list ;) For me they are excellent tools to learn from ;) and fun to race.

I for one really appreciate the effort. Makers like you, Drod, YM, Malibu etc.. (lots of ones I don't have room to mention) are what made the game the icon it is. Thanks for that, I for one don't take it for granted.

--Sky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:49 pm 

I feel so loved [(-:]

Kinda makes me wish I didn't lose everything :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:00 pm 

Sky wrote:
You make some really nice Stuff DK. I;ve been researching good track makers, and new techniques etc.. your tracks come up time after time.

Ive spent more than a few hours looking at the details in your tracks.

some tracks are pretty, some have a good racing line, some have a sense of adventure, few have all these qualities. You seem to pay attention to all of the above when you make a track. For sure a lot of your tracks are on the always podded list ;) For me they are excellent tools to learn from ;) and fun to race.

I for one really appreciate the effort. Makers like you, Drod, YM, Malibu etc.. (lots of ones I don't have room to mention) are what made the game the icon it is. Thanks for that, I for one don't take it for granted.

--Sky

Speechless. Thanks so much man. It means more than anything to hear from someone that my tracks are actually looked at. It makes me want to make more. It means alot to hear that from someone that has talent, your track Snowbound was an instant favorite of mine years ago, and will always be podded. Was wild to see you come back, but also great to see you here again. Thanks for all your kind words, look forward to your tracks ahead. The dragger side of MTM2 today has had me at a loss of words also, the stadiums, THE TRUCKS, absolutely amazing. Ive been playing this game for almost 14 years, and even with talent such as ZooN back in the early 2000's, and Yeastman in MTM1, the talent right now is absolutely outstanding. I wish the dragger crew would expand their horizon's and try making a rally or a circuit. I race the replica's all the time. Happy to see MTM alive still, and to have such talent as we do. Thanks again Sky, means alot dude, seriously.

- Jake

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:54 am 

As much talent as we have between the boards, I'm surprised some are trying to find a new game. To me, we have enough talent to continue building this game. If only we could improve the graphics engine a little bit. That's all this game needs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:08 pm 
Glow Ball

Well put, yom. I agree.

And dk, I'll echo sky's comments too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:49 pm 

OLD_YoMega wrote:
As much talent as we have between the boards, I'm surprised some are trying to find a new game. To me, we have enough talent to continue building this game. If only we could improve the graphics engine a little bit. That's all this game needs.

I want to, i just cant program. I can help do whatever is needed, and if we need to fund something, i have no problem doing it just as if there is a garunteed end result.

Phineus wrote:
Well put, yom. I agree.

And dk, I'll echo sky's comments too.

Tyb. U need to come back to the tourneys man, missin ya. Congrats on all of your awards from 2009's tournaments. Great job.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:31 pm 

OLD_YoMega wrote:

That's a big problem though. Especially with the major video card vendors no longer supporting DX7 and older. It still works but, and severely reduced frame rate. Though some people seem to keep getting lucky.

The future may actually by running this game in Linux of some sort. Maybe a special MTM2 flavor of linux, wouldn't that be sweet :).

Come to think of it, there is enough of us that are developers/programmers that we could make such a distro.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:37 pm 
MTM2 Engineer

I don't know if you guys noticed that Draggers are making a MTM2 spin off called Monster Freestyle Racing which is pretty interesting, too bad it is oriented to drag racing and physics are terrible.

http://mtm2draggers.net/viewtopic.php?t=5820
http://mtm2draggers.net/viewtopic.php?t=5547
http://mfr.natas8.com/beta/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:22 pm 

Kmaster wrote:
I don't know if you guys noticed that Draggers are making a MTM2 spin off called Monster Freestyle Racing which is pretty interesting, too bad it is oriented to drag racing and physics are terrible.

http://mtm2draggers.net/viewtopic.php?t=5820
http://mtm2draggers.net/viewtopic.php?t=5547
http://mfr.natas8.com/beta/

I dont know why we cant all just work together? Like MTM1 style?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:00 pm 

I dunno, probably best not to ask that question. I have been curious for awhile how these groups got defined.

But I am from a time when a teams held rooms 1, 2, and 3 for advertisements, a guy named steve randomly hacked rooms and games, a guy named germ was learning to copycat steve, and MS Zone was threatening to close down.

Just goes to show just how out of the loop I am.

On a side note, I miss PoneyExpress, dern cool guy, hope he didn't get killed with the war.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:07 am 

Slayer wrote:
I dunno, probably best not to ask that question. I have been curious for awhile how these groups got defined.

But I am from a time when a teams held rooms 1, 2, and 3 for advertisements, a guy named steve randomly hacked rooms and games, a guy named germ was learning to copycat steve, and MS Zone was threatening to close down.

Just goes to show just how out of the loop I am.

On a side note, I miss PoneyExpress, dern cool guy, hope he didn't get killed with the war.

Would someone get offended by that question or something?

I was there during that timeframe also, i was also playing zone during mtm1 days, ive been playing since monster truck madness came out in general. Before I left in 2003 it was never split like this. If we could all combine our abilities as track makers, truck makers, programmers, etc, we could have a real serious prospect. Im not going to push the subject any farther because it doesnt seem to have sparked anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:00 am 

Yep Dk I sure wish we'd all get together too. The game is dern fun, and when I am in game there's very little to get me upset.

Shoot even when I am working hard on a track or a whatever project. There are a ton of active MTMer's. I would like to see them all put aside difference in the past and come together. It's a bummer to be online, and not be able to find anyone to run with when I know there's others out there looking to enjoy the game at the same time. it;s finding and connecting with them that is difficult.

As Jammer says "the more the merrier." No joke, I've never had as much fun as running a few cool tracks (no matter what the type) with more than 4 players.

IMHO
We all love, or like to play this came and or create for it, with that in common no other difference really comes into play for me.

If you enjoy the game you are more than welcome to join a game, race, compete, freestyle, help create, ask for help or simply enjoy the conversation with me and whoever else is in game with me.

If we all adopted this sentiment, I have a feeling any gathering be it tournament or ip play would bring more players.

If anyone's wanting to gather via IP, your welcome to message me I'll join in anytime I am free. skyman6529 at hotmail.com is my MSN handle