MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:22 pm

Post subject: Pointy Mountain Valley *beta* by Enocell
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2001 1:22 am 

This is a long rally in mountaineous scenery, very similar to Peelo Valley.
But this is originally from Dec. 1998, and I have remade it to meet the "2001's Standards"...

Then there is/was* some blinking road textures, how can I get rid of them?

The old track had animated water, which I removed and now the roads are blinking(not all roads). Those textures were still loaded but not in use, and I removed them just before uploading, so maybe those animations are now gone...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2001 11:31 am 
easy company

I had no problems with this track all the textures looked fine, some area's did look a bit underdeveloped though according to Enocell stadards but then this is a beta so I'm sure you'll find something...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2001 6:59 pm 

Where are the most undeveloped areas?

And what I should do to make the better?

thanks,
Enocell

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2001 2:35 am 
easy company

Quote:
Where are the most undeveloped areas?

The area's I was reffering to were between cp's 6 and 9 and between 16 and 18, there are almost no models to be seen Image, but I was just being a bit sarcastic in a friendly sort of way sorry bout that... actually what you made were area's that are desert like and barren and the transisions were done very well....
after running every track you have released its obvious that your strongest point in track making is your ability to create great roads very realistic and fun courses to race on, in fact you could pick any track you made and pull every model out and it would still be a good track to run.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by enocell:
And what I should do to make the better?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
one thing I can think of is the dirt road textures are on the borderline of being set too slippery, but they are drivable just don't bump them up any higher Image some tracks have the dirt textures set so high that you almost have to come to a complete stop just to make a simple 90° turn and that kills a track no matter how well done the course is.

another thing is after you pass through cp2 you cross a bridge then need to make a left to reach cp3, perhaps another left turn sign is needed at the intersection or just place the one you have in a more visible spot... thats the only turn that I'll miss without looking at the map.

I like the section of the track where the trucks will share the same road but travel in opposite directions, this I can tell will be a problem for online play when the european drivers want to drive on the left side and the north american drivers also want the left side the problem is they will be traveling in opposite directions lol Image but this is a good problem so leave it hehe.

all in all I see no real problems that absolutely have to be addressed before this can be released as a finished product, that is of course assuming Enocell is happy with it as is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2001 12:34 am 

I posted the final version. It has slight changes in some places, and I changed the dirt road from "Gravel" to "Dirt" and now it's much less slippery.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2001 5:47 am 
It is a good raly, I like the fact that you finish were u started. There are osme alternate paths (they aren't really cuts) but the AI ****S.