MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:51 am

Post subject: GRAVE DIGGER stealing/reposting tracks
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:14 pm 

Both his Allstate Arena: http://www.mtm2.com/~tracks/dl.cgi?dl=5425 and Thunder Monster Jam Houston Texas: http://www.mtm2.com/~tracks/dl.cgi?dl=5426 are stolen uploads. The contents of the 2nd track give it away and the 1st one I have seen before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:36 am 
Glow Ball

There are 24 tracks with the word houston in them.

There are 22 tracks with the word state in them.

There are 84 tracks with the word finals in them.

Can we narrow the field please?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:54 am 

they are the 2 newest track on the list and they are the only 2 with GRAVE DIGGER as the author. Just look at Davethesmasher's tracks and you will find he created the Houston track that DIGGER is ripping. I know I've seen the Allstate Arena one before...I can't remember the original name of this one but I know GRAVE DIGGER didn't make it.

EDIT: here is the link to Davethesmasher's track to prove I'm not crazy (http://www.mtm2.com/~tracks/tracks.cgi? ... n&track=on) if I find the other one I post it later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:40 pm 

He just ripped a truck.. I don't know what it is that makes people do that crap but it seems just to common here sadly.. Nothing much we can do about it except take them down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:44 pm 

I'm glad I'm not the only one that has noticed this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:28 pm 

someone has got to do something, because now GRAVE DIGGER has uploaded another track that CLEARLY isn't his. Its RCA Jam he uploaded just now and it was made by Garret Lockhart. Please something about this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:03 am 
Glow Ball

This isn't a crisis. You didn't give enough in the initial post to make a fair comparison, and the follow up was only vague. Please note that the long standing policy to have things removed are pretty straight forward. 1) the complaint should come from the maker of the original work. 2) the track is an obvious upload of a well-known, well-established work. 3) the pod file is identical in every respect, including timestamp. In the current situation, none of the above have been clearly established beyond all doubt. Now, I'll check out Garret's track and should it turn out to be a straight reupload, then it will be removed. Then when time permits I'll do the same with the others. But please, always remember and never forget, tracks can be removed very easily. And repeat offenders are easily blocked from doing things again. That's rarely needed but it can be done. So please, no panic here. All things in good time.