A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:14 pm

Post subject: Release EmmaPelletje2
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2001 8:08 pm 

Hey there!

I've just uploaded EmmaPelletje2 at KC's site, finally Image
This is the second track, made by me and Pelletje together. It's a big rally with lot's of sites, like a city, a tempel, swimmingpool and more Image

May the trucks be with you!!

Greetz EmmaSW
http://home.quicknet.nl/mw/prive/femm http://whynni.cjb.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2002 11:47 pm 
Trackologist

Let me begin by saying according to Emma, this track is still in it's beta stage, and it has 2 flaws that need to be pointed out.

1. If you crash, the game will show that you're sitting in water looking at what appears to be the undercarriage of the truck. You can't recover from it, hence you'll be forced to terminate the game.

2. The helicopter option does not work. It takes you to an open field, and renders all controls inoperable, forcing you to end the game.

Having pointed those two things out, I "highly" recommend downloading and running this track - just don't crash! Image If any of you pro racers out there rememeber "The Ruins", this is the young lady who authored it.

If you are partial to long (around 6:06 for a good lap), scenic, adventure filled rallys, this one's for you! These two did an exellent job of mixing up the different types of terrains and taking the racer on what is a ride that grabs and keeps your attention from the very beginning. I love the interesting little twist and turns, and as I said, it is a beautiful track to see!

From a racer's perspective there's nothing too terribly difficult about this track. There's a spot toward the end where you can jump thru this tube, which can be a bit precarious if you don't center yourself on the approach it. It could be lowered just a bit to allow for easier access, but it's not a major issue because you can opt to go around it. Image Again, the variety in this track is something to see, and I for one found it enjoyable to say the least.

I did find one bin that seems to stick out a tad bit more than it should - in the beginning, just as you enter the village, there's a slight s-turn, then you execute a u-turn around a gazebo - that's the bin I'm referring to. It's not a big deal though because you have to clear a well to get around the bin, which forces you outside the area where you would hit the portion that juts out.

With respect to the flaws in this track, if any of you track makers out there know of a fix, Emma would be greatly appreciative of the info...and so would I! I like this track, and I would love to be able to add it to our track page, and run it on occasion with others.

In summation, this track would be well worth the d/l if the crash related error could be fixed. The helicopter issue is not a big deal in my opinion. Anyone who's played ZS Rally knows not to attempt a helicopter rescue on it; you'll end up back at the starting line!

Best of luck to you in repairing the crash related error at the very least, Emma (I don't know Palletje, but I'd like to meet him/her). I think you have a winner in this track, and I'm sure others will appreciate it and the work you both put into as much as I do. Image

Hehe--also, with the kind of tracks you make, I'd be interested in finding out what kind of racer your are! Not so much for this track, but "The Ruins" is tough!! Excellent track though...excellent!! I didn't do a review of it (I had just recently started playing when it was made), but if I did, that track would rate a 9.5 out of 10 in Copey's humble opinion! Image

[This message has been edited by SLO_COPE (edited 02-01-2002).]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2002 5:16 am 
Glow Ball

re: crash and helicopter problems

Setting the courses for the computer trucks and extended courses 1&2 should wrap that up nicely. Psyco and I frustrated ourselves over this problem for a long time, and that was the solution we found.

re: u-turn around the gazebo

That's the model's box shape. It needs to be set to no-collide and then fitted with object boxes that follow the models's shape. It's extra work but usually worth it in spots where it affects racing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2002 7:43 am 
Trackologist

Hey, the service around this place is great! Thanks a bunch, Phineus!! I'm sure Emma & Pelletje will really appreciate the info, as will others since they'll be able to enjoy the time and effort they put into making this track! Image