MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:44 am

Post subject: Dirty Vally Run Redux by SLO_Fila
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:11 pm 

Hello everyone,

I've been having the itch to create a new track recently. However with the release of the render patch I've been running my old tracks and... was annoyed by how barren they look. So I've decided I want to give them a facelift (not all but most of them, or the ones that really need it). So I've started with Dirty Vally Run, my first popular-ish track.
Let me tell you... this track was so empty that my time dedicated to it was the same as creating a brand new track from scratch.

And here are some pictures to show the difference. Note I'm using the MTM Render patch. Some scenery objects have been set to "normal" so if you want to see the track with every little detail make sure you select the appropriate level. If you don't use the render patch you can just go ahead and use the maximum quality but with the render patch there's too many objects at the start/finish line and with 8 trucks, depending on the trucks you use, it might stutter for a few seconds. Should work fine with 8 stock trucks however.

Download link: http://www.mtm2.com/MTM2/Tracks/tracks. ... =run+redux

Image on the left is "after" and image on the right is "before".

Post subject: Re: Dirty Vally Run Redux by SLO_Fila
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:21 am 
Trackologist

I never got around to doing a review for DVR 1.5 or DVR TE, however, I consider them two of my favorites by Fila with respect to pure racing. Yes, they're not much to look at, but neither are Arroyo, Calisto Canyon, Muskoka Road, P.B.A, Paper Run, SpunWun, Spunwunagan, Mariposa, and a slew of other great tracks. What they do offer is exceptional racing (in my opinion) because of the layout, the right mixture of complexity/simplicity, and a number of other subtleties. In my mind DVR 1.5 and DVR TE were fine as is, even with the invisible wall by the train tracks (gag). :-) Barren? Yes. Technically flawed in a number or areas? Absolutely, but boy...the racing, especially among skilled racers, was (and is) always fast, fierce, and tons of fun.

Having said that, the work you've done on Redux is quite impressive to say the least. It's a heck of a face-lift, and I also noticed a number of technical fixes. I haven't tried the new patch yet, but I'll get around to it this weekend. I'm looking forward to seeing this track and others with the new and improved draw distance.

Well done Fila, and on a completely different note, thanks a ton for keeping this site going. It's the centerpiece of MTM as far as I'm concerned, so it's great to see it up and running still.

Post subject: Re: Dirty Vally Run Redux by SLO_Fila
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:37 am 

Big difference. Very cool!

Well done :!:

Ill try this one offline, and maybe we can run it soon online.