MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:41 pm

Post subject: Treasure Bay 2 by Malibu350
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2002 8:28 pm 
Trackologist

Looks like Malibu has held true to his word by cranking out another track which he's converted from EVO II. Not being a track maker, I'm not sure exactly how much is required time wise in order to complete such a transformation compared to doing it all from scratch...but hey, who cares! What I do know is this is one heck of a track - period!!!

Look, I think those of you out there who've read some of my reviews are fully aware I can get a bit carried away lengthwise, and people really don't want to hear a bunch of goobledy-gop about what I think with respect to the placement of each little rock or tree; they want to hear about the track!

With that in mind, I'm just gonna cut to the chase and say this track gets an all out, no holds barred, straight, no chaser, full blown, "Copey Rating" of...10!!! It's simply a blast to run, and I don't care if you're a rookie, intermediate or pro, you'll have a good time on this track. I could go on and say the graphics are spectacular (for MTM 2, that is) and the road texture...well, I was almost tempted to get out of my truck and just lay on it. Hehehe--if it wasn't for the other trucks flying around on the track, I would have! Quite frankly though, this one speaks for itself, so if you're looking for that one track that's just gonna "grab ya", look no further; just hit the "Download Now" link.

Mal...another masterful job, bud. I've said it before, and I'll keep saying it til’ it's apparent to everyone out there, and that is it's nice to see racing is "still" alive in MTM 2. In my opinion this is just an all around great game, but I'm partial to racing even though nowadays you'll find the majority rumbling. Well, the fact is you can become an effective rumbler MUCH faster than you can become a Pro racer. Hehe--that statement is sure to raise a few eyebrows, but I'm speaking from experience. I have to think that if you took those who claim MTM 2 racing isn't any fun and instantly enabled them with the ability to experience photo finishes, coming back from the brink of defeat to take the win, the banging and bumping that goes hand in hand with jockeying for position in a tough, tough race...all of that and more, they would most certainly be singing a different tune.

Hehe--well, since that'll never happen, all I can say is thanks Mal - thanks for contributing to the fun and excitement this game gives to those of us who DO race! It’s appreciated more than you know, I think. Oh hey, did I already mention this track was a 10? Image Hehehe--get it now!!!

[This message has been edited by SLO_COPE (edited 31-01-2002).]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2002 8:58 pm 
Glow Ball

>>and people really don't want to hear a bunch of goobledy-gop about what I think...

On the contrary, that's exactly what we want. Your reviews are excellent and so is Mal's track. wtg, both.

<center>[img]http://mtmc4fun.com/images/trackshots/TresBay2.jpg"%20width="550[/img]</center>

[edit] fixed image link

[This message has been edited by Malibu350 (edited 13-09-2002).]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2002 6:08 am 

Hehehehe yup agree with all of it. This track diffenitly got my attention. not to many obstacles but yet challenging enough. This one should please all levels of drivers.

Heck of a job MAl. I'll give it a 10 too.

Slo_Jumper

[This message has been edited by SLO_Jumper (edited 27-01-2002).]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2002 12:54 pm 

Awsome.... i actually have fun on this track now Image I just hate the ones in Evo1,2.

Good job Mal... it rocks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2002 4:22 pm 

Yup...another outstanding job Mal! Keep up the great work buddy! These tarcks look so damm good! Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 8:43 am 

I like that yellow truck in the pic, (*wagging his tail)

This looks exactly like the track in EVO-1 (I don't have EVO2)...do both versions have the same tracks?

----------------------

"Awesome....I actually have fun on this track now I just hate the ones in Evo1,2."

But.....but....this track IS from EVO. it's the same, as far as I can tell.....perhaps you meant that it's the game itself (EVO) that you didn't like...

By the way, this was my fav track in EVO1 (not played anymore by me...grew bored of it halfway through the "career") are more track-conversions coming???? *DROOL!*

keep up the great work!

[This message has been edited by ZO_BigDOGGe (edited 07-02-2002).]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 11:25 am 
easy company

Thanks to all for the posts...

I'm not sure exactly how much is required time wise in order to complete such a transformation compared to doing it all from scratch..
I've put together 8 tracks from scratch and the last one, saddleback took me nearly 14 months to finish primarily due to the number of textures that were made, roughly enough to paint 150 trucks hehe.. so much time is saved with converting since all the terrain artwork is already done, what takes the most time is converting the models over to mtm and editing the terrain altitudes but by the time its all said and done it takes about 3 to 4 weeks (75 to 100 hrs)... it could be done much faster I'm sure but I am very detail conscious.

...the fact is you can become an effective rumbler MUCH faster than you can become a Pro racer
I couldn't agree more, racing is just plain extreme.

not to many obstacles but yet challenging enough
Unfortunately (with todays systems) MTM2 is limited to 541 Scenery Objects and this track has exactly that many, next time around I'll work on better placement Image)

This looks exactly like the track in EVO-1 (I don't have EVO2)...do both versions have the same tracks?
Yes all the evo1 stock tracks are in evo2, but the evo2 versions are just slightly altered.. and there are more tracks exclusive to evo2, some by TeamDeath that I can't wait to get my hands on..

But.....but....this track IS from EVO. it's the same, as far as I can tell.....perhaps you meant that it's the game itself (EVO) that you didn't like...
I think what Fila meant was that everything just looks better in MTM and I have to agree with him there, its like someone replaced a 20 watt bulb with a 200 watt bulb and flipped the switch. also if I copied evo's terrain exactly as it was these tracks would be undrivable due to the differences in the games physics.

are more track-conversions coming????
heck ya, I'm putting the finishing touches on the next one now and it should be out in the next day or two.

I like that yellow truck in the pic
lol, if you liked that, wait'l you see what I did with another uhh thing you made hehe

[This message has been edited by Malibu350 (edited 08-02-2002).]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 4:46 pm 

and there are more tracks exclusive to evo2, some by TeamDeath that I can't wait to get my hands on..

ooo......can't wait to see myself, will be interesting see what he come up with!

heck ya, I'm putting the finishing touches on the next one now and it should be out in the next day or two.

Yeeehawwww!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2002 2:44 am 

Well... in Evo 1 and 2 i hated Treasure Bay and Final Destination. I just hate them because i just don't like them.

Even though in MTM2 the track is basically the same... i don't know... i just love it.

>>heck ya, I'm putting the finishing touches on the next one now and it should be out in the next day or two.

That reminds me... i gotta start to ****gin finish my track until this week-end. I gotta get it into beta stage,