Login
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:01 pm

Post subject: B N X by SLO_PreACheR
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 4:36 am 

Have fun =-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2002 1:52 pm 
Trackologist

For me one of the most amazing aspects of Jr.'s MTM 2 "career" has been watching him raise the level of his game to new heights. He's a reformed rumbler turned strict racer, and in my opinion his transformation has served to only improve his track making skills. His finely honed racing skills enables him with the foresight and understanding to know what works and what doesn't, as well as what's fun and what's not. I'm not saying he's no longer a pain in the butt to work with, and I'd much rather chew off my right arm than have 3 more teammates like him, but I can't deny the fact the kid is burning it up when it comes to crankin' out race tracks!

Coming off the monumental success of "Preacher's Mines", I suppose it would be natural to expect something a little less...potent, ya know, somewhat of an emotional low after a thrilling high. I guess he's too young to realize that's a "normal" pattern where human behavior is concerned, and in this case that's good!! So hey, enough of the psycho-analytical mumbo-jumbo; let's talk about this track!!

On one hand you could make a case for him taking the easy way out and borrowing the textures from the games stock track, "Breakneck Ridge". To me it pretty much boils down to what you do with them, and in this case, Jr. has put together a track that is absolutely 100%, unadulterated FUN, FUN, FUN!!! It may be a bit shakey on your first run because in order to run it with any sort of rhythm you’ll have to do a few laps. But I'm tellin you, once you groove the lines on this baby, you're going to want to run it again and again. He's thrown in a few spots where timing is critical and flawlessly executed power slides are a must. Oh hey, and there's even a downward spiraling circular banked turn that opens up into a straight, then throws you into a left that...hehe well, I'm tellin you, I could pretty much lay out the entire run like that! It's a non-stop thriller of a ride, and although beginners and intermediates alike will enjoy the ride, the pro's are gonna eat this thing up, that much I promise.

In some ways it’s tough for me to beta test tracks, then come on here and talk about em. My understanding of a beta tester’s job is not to try to convince the track maker to change the track, but rather to test it for flaws of any kind. However, with the people I beta test for, often times I will suggest things I feel would improve the playability of the track, particularly if the track maker is new to the field. Jr.'s now at a stage where he knows what works & what doesn't. He realizes and understands the racer's approach with respect what it takes to execute various maneuvers on a track, and in my mind that quality is critical where it concerns employing different degrees of difficulty, yet maintaining extremely high levels of workmanship & playability. In essence he's not the sniveling little whiney, pain in my wazoo, brat of a track maker he used to be! Jr.'s all grown up now...and I'm thinking we "might" even keep him on the team (as our towel/water boy and so-so track maker). Image

To wrap things up I guess it's time to grade B-N-X using the now world famous "Copey Rating" system. Ok so it's not world famous yet, but everyone in my neighborhood knows about it, so it's getting there. Simply stated, this one is a double-clutch, roundhouse, slam-dunk "10" for all the reasons I stated above and more. But hey, don't take my word for it; give it a go and form your own opinion. To each his or her own, but I just can't imagine anyone not liking this track. Preach - hats off to you, my man. It seems that with each outing you're coming up with new ways to impress me. All kidding aside (a rarity for me, but sometimes my conscience bothers me)...I'm extremely proud to have you as a member of this team. Keep doing what you're doing...and remember to listen to me and not N8 or JDAK or some of those other bums on our team. Hehehe. Ok, so I couldn't keep a straight face for long - it's MY review!!! Once again, an absolutely superb effort on your part, bud - outstanding!!!

[This message has been edited by SLO_COPE (edited 15-02-2002).]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2002 5:28 pm 
Glow Ball

>>But hey, don't take my word for it

I didn't. But I liked it all the same. Good work.