MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:35 am

Post subject: MTEG Stadium by Cale
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:57 am 

http://mtm2.com/MTM2/Tracks/tracks.php?search=MTEG

A few notes I wanted to put out there on this one. This track doesn't use terrain, instead it uses ramp models like a drag track. The actual Mickey Thompson series didn't feature huge jumps or much elevation change outside of the LA Coliseum and a few other tracks that sent trucks outside the stadiums. The tracks were also deliberately designed to be difficult for drivers to find a rhythm on, and I've tried to emulate that here. It's not a replica of any specific track, but meant to be representative of what those tracks were like.

I was having problems getting a full stadium model to not constantly pop in and out during gameplay, so I instead made a modular one out of the CPR grandstand models, with the ends, corners, and sides being different models placed together in Traxx. They're rough, but it works. If I find time in the future to make more of these I'll make sure to get a little more detail into the stadium models.

The AI has issues with the tightness of the track and the barriers. They probably won't give most drivers much of a challenge, but they don't give anyone much of a challenge anymore, either. If there are suggestions on how to improve this, please share them.

Lastly, not that there's much of a track making community left, but I hope other people get in on making more stadium tracks for these trucks. They work well and are entertaining on YM's old stadiums, but it's not realistic, which is what I was going for. Between work, family, and everything else, my time to make stuff is super limited, so I'd like to see what others can come up with.

Thanks everyone!

Post subject: Re: MTEG Stadium by Cale
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:37 am 

Have you uxed Dxtory to limit the fps? That's one way, actually the only way, to make the AI be at least reasonable.