Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:44 am

Post subject: The Ass Groove by enocell
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2000 8:01 pm 
Glow Ball

Track - The Ass Groove
Maker - enocell
Genre - Rally

The name is kind of crude, but the track is decent enough. Built from The Heights textures and terrain, this track adds a highway with moving traffic and a railway line with some fine looking original custom trains. Like most of enocell's work, the altitude work is well done but the texture alignment is rough in some spots and attention to technical details sometimes falls short (i.e., two trains share the same track but in opposite directions and the moving vehicles are inappropriately timed so that they're on a collision course at the train crossing). The racing line is not always clear and could perhaps have benefited from a few more visual clues - it's easy to get led astray by the extra roads that branch and fork off the main or to get decoyed into over-shooting corners by hills that suggest big air only to discover the road turns much sooner than you expect. But the course is a good one that will only take a couple laps to get down pat. Worth the download if racing is more important than details.

------------------
- Phineus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2000 8:28 pm 
This is also one of my first tracks(also Schmuck Road, Alkali flats, & others which I edited from stock tracks), so it's not good as my newer ones
This is also on KC's "too bad name list", and it (probably) will be removed

By the way, those tracks with 3/1/00 date are just uploaded on that day, and some of them are very old