MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:15 am

Post subject: TNN Minneapolis 2002 by DeMoN
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2002 1:26 am 

Here's my review:
I'll break the track down into different aspects which I feel are integral to a great drag track, rating them from 1 (terrible) to 10 (perfect)...
TEXTURES-9.5...They're pretty accurate to the real track, but some colors are just a tad bit off. The turn textures, white lines, and concrete-to-dirt blending are a nice touch. The dirt is easy to cut good donuts on too, which is a nice plus not seen in many tracks these days. The only reason this is not a 10 is because he has since made better textures.
MODELS-10...Some new models from DeMoN give the track a unique feel, and help to make this replica a more accurate depiction of the real thing, especially the red and blue vans/busses. The cars, as usual, are second to none. Many models in this track have become the standards for Monster Jam replicas, something only a handful of tracks have achieved.
MODEL RAMPS-8.0...This is the part I was most disappointed with in the track...a couple models were left as non-movable (the signs after the van pyramid on the left side as you face the racing ramps), and it makes you get hung up on them frequently, or at least bump into them. This took away from the track's enjoyment on the freestyle side especially, because when you jumped one of the pyramids, you could get stuck. Everything else was very nicely done, however. The jumps on the quad hills are pretty realistic, as are the car jumps and pyramids.
LAYOUT-9.0...It was very close to the real track...VERY close. The turns were a bit hard to navigate because of this, but you get the hang of them with a bit of practice. The shutdown area may be a bit too long, but nothing to really worry about. This is a J-drag, and a nice depiction of the real thing for racing. Freestyle-wise, the models are all pretty much perfect in regards to their relation to other models on the track.
OVERALL DRAGGING EXPERIENCE-9.0...A very accurate replica of the real track comes through and is a pleasurable racing experience. A couple of model setup issues are the only thing that keep me from giving it a higher score. There is also a lot of lag in multiplayer games, but sometimes you have to sacrifice detail for non-laginess, and since this is a replica, I think DeMoN made the right choice by giving everything superb detail. Racing is a refreshing challenge, freestyle is very accurate and has good model ramps except for a few signs, and that is what made me enjoy this track so much. In summary, some aspects could have used some fine-tuning, but I felt like this was a very well done and accurate portrayal of the real thing. Keep em coming, DeMoN!
TOTAL SCORE-45.5/50

------------------
-RobbyH14

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2002 5:27 am 
Glow Ball

TNN Minneapolis 2002 (2in1) by DeMoN