MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:44 am

Post subject: Minneapolis Monster Jam 2002 round 2 by GD20
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2002 4:03 am 

Here's my review:
I'll break the track down into different aspects which I feel are integral to a great drag track, rating them from 1 (terrible) to 10 (perfect)...
TEXTURES-8.5...These were nice, but nothing out of the ordinary. Custom-made ones are nice to see though, so this is a relatively nice score for a drag track. You can turn some good donuts on this thing. The only thing I disliked was the transition from concrete to dirt...there really isn't one there, just one texture square to another without any blending going on.
MODELS-9...Mostly Slick's models are used, and Slick's are nice ones. I like how he matched up the color for the blue car-van-car pyramid to be true to real life too. Another strong point was the repainting job he did on the fountain model...very well done. The slap-wheelie ramp in the middle could have been better (I noticed he used my textures for that one lol), but overall the models he chose to use represented the actual thing very well
MODEL RAMPS-9.5...There are very few spots that you can get hung up on, and it's a nice, smooth track. You can get slap wheelies going on the double and the bus pyramid (HUGE plus there), and the car ramps are very nice also. Definitely a strong point in this track.
LAYOUT-9...It's very realistic and close to the real thing. I would have liked for the turns to be a bit easier, but this represents the difficulty the real drivers have in doing it.
OVERALL DRAGGING EXPERIENCE-9...I had a great time messing around on this track. It is a great replica of the real thing, and he even included pictures of the real event for the driver check-in screen (Track Selection pics, as I sometimes call them, which was a nice touch. Great model ramps, great models, great layout, and great realism...so why do I only give the overall experience a 9? One word: LAG. All those models and moving objects create a TON of it, especially with a high-vertice truck. This doesn't bode well for online racing, and it's a shame too, because I'd love to play it online. It is a VERY accurate and fun replica though, with few drawbacks other than the lag issue.
TOTAL SCORE-45/50

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2002 5:04 am 
Glow Ball

http://mtm2.com/~tracks/details.cgi?thistrack=734

<font size=1>Edited by Phineus (16-02-2003)</font>