MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:42 am

Post subject: Dmn Complex 2002 by DeMoN
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 6:18 am 

Here's my review:
I'll break the track down into different aspects which I feel are integral to a great drag track, rating them from 1 (terrible) to 10 (perfect)...
TEXTURES-...10-DeMoN always makes sure his textures are unbeatable, and this set matches the fairgrounds track theme perfectly. Great shading, great transitions...this is DeMoN's normal great work in this area.
MODELS-...10-Same thing here as with the textures...excellent, top-notch stuff. The vans and cars are as close to perfect in MTM2 as I've seen, and adding the tires was a nice touch.
MODEL RAMPS-...9-It would have been nice to hit some things sideways, but otherwise this thing shines in the ramps department, especially considering the layout of the track and (sometimes) lack of room.
LAYOUT-...9-It's laid out very well, and this one's just really a matter of how well you can race or freestyle on it, and you can do both pretty well on here. Racing's enough of a challenge. I would have liked to see a pit area for online racing, maybe even an online version of the track.
OVERALL DRAGGING EXPERIENCE-...9-Just minor things and things I personally would've liked to see in this track keep me from a 10 on this one. It's staying in my pod list for sure, but it would have been great to have some parts of the track cater to online racers, as I've heard peoples' only complaints about some of MY stuff was that "There's no online version/pit area!" Other than that, great ramps, great atmosphere and models, and attention to detail will make you want to keep playing this one...a must-have for draggers.
TOTAL SCORE-47/50

------------------
-RobbyH14