MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:26 pm

Post subject: Love Shack
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 9:30 pm 
Trackologist

I’ve already been duped once this week (well, kinda) by some psycho who thinks he’s two guys named Rosencrantz & Guildenstern , so you can best believe ole Copey is gonna be careful here. The name “Wildcat Sue” is new to me, but she’s clearly not new to track making. As a matter of fact, I’m so confident she’s not a first time track maker, I’d be willing to bet SLO_Jumper’s and SLO_MUDDD’s paychecks on it. I’m not the gambling type, so fronting my own money is out of the question lol.

“ Love Shack” is quite a unique piece of work. I say that because more often than not track making today exist on two distinct planes; layout and visual appeal. Wildcat Sue’s “Love Shack” excels in the first, and as for the second…well, it has a tunnel and a shack, presumably the love shack, and that’s all where models are concerned. However, mark my word, this track will definitely have mass appeal because…well, because Copey says it will lol. Actually the reason I believe this will be a popular download is because the layout, which is superb, does all the talking, more than making up for the lack of scenery. It’s reminiscent of those great old tracks like “Cheyenne Crossing”, “Shenandoah” & “Alpine’s Crazy”, which had little to no scenery to speak of, but boy were they great fun to race, and still are.

If you’re looking for speed, it has it. If you prefer a little airtime with your speed, then you won’t be disappointed. A fan of banked curves (like me), you say? It’s there. Prefer a wide-open roadway for passing and maneuvering around other racers? Done. Looking for a track whereby the computer trucks will give you a decent run (beginners/intermediates I mean)? This be the one! Prefer tracks with minimal lag? Not a problem; there are only two models in the entire track lol! Well, the tunnel looks as though it’s made up of groundboxes, but still… If you set the scenery to “ Normal” or “Complex”, you’ll get to see what are arguably the best checkpoints in the entire universe lol. Nuff said there. Finally, if you’re a fan of “The B-52s”, then crank up the sound because it also comes complete with the “Love Shack” soundtrack. Kinda validates the words on the track's in-game screenshot, huh? Image

Needless to say I was thoroughly impressed by “Love Shack’s” simplicity, very impressive texture work, and extremely appealing, wide-open, free-flowing layout. This baby garnered a Copey Rating of “8.5” out of 10 possible points, and I’m also going to put a “<u>Highly Recommended</u>” tag on it. The only thing left to say is I sincerely hope Wildcat Sue is 1.) a real person lol, and 2.) she drops by to say a few words about her track, as well as her future in MTM 2. Great job, Wildcat Sue!

<font size=1>Edited by SLO_COPE (13-01-2003)</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 4:55 am 
Glow Ball

A little paranoia there Copey? hehe

As far as I know, this is Wildcat Sue's second track. The first being Straight Shooter.

http://rhinoseros.com/~tracks/details.cgi?thistrack=406

http://mtm2.com/~mtmg/contests/expo2000/tracks.html

<font size=1>Edited by Phineus (16-02-2003)</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 5:15 am 
Trackologist

LOL I wonder why! Thanks for the info, Phin/E.J.M./R&G/Ophelia/EA/Polonius/Horatio/Dennis lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 8:08 am 
Thanks for the good words, Cope. Yes, this is my second release. I don't know when another will come. It takes time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 9:36 pm 

If you're running with low quality graphics ( normal graphics sparse scenery) you wont see any shack nor check point. If anything need to be change on your future project it is that cp should be visible in all graphic settings. However like cope said the layout is interesting indeed. i liked the track very much even if it has little scenery candy. ( hey i race not just going for a family picnic lmao)

This track offer a layout wide enough for larger group (5 or 6 racer fit in there easily) and all that with minimal lag since the scenery isn't pack with heavy models.

Nice job Sue.

Jumper

------------------
Jumper
Only those who will risk going to far can possibly find out how far one can go.

<font size=1>Edited by SLO_Jumper (15-01-2003)</font>

<font size=1>Edited by SLO_Jumper (15-01-2003)</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 10:03 am 

Nice track fun to run there Sue. Textures looked good didnt notice any misalined and nice job on terrain. Track runs smooth n fast fun stuff!! Could use some trees to dress up the place ( Cope will tell I like my trees lol) . Your welcome to use trees from any of my tracks.
Keep up the good work hope to see more <font size=+2 face=Wingdings>J</font>