MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:12 am

Post subject: Texture Troublez
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2000 5:47 am 
I've been working on a new track, and I've experienced something I've never seen before.

I have these two ground boxes, which are very tall because they form part of a bridge. They are textured with a regular C-98 grass texture (non-transparent.) In Traxx, everything looks fine.

But when I go to the track in MTM, one side of both boxes is completely transparent. I can see right through to the water on the other side. I can't drive through though, so I know it isn't something like I set the wrong size with out knowing it. I also tried using a different texture, but got the same result.

The other sides of this box are fine, just on one part is look odd.

Anyone seen this before?

Andy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2000 5:58 am 
Glow Ball

Yes, seen this many many times. Usually it has to do the how far the ground box extends below the terrain surface. If it goes way down below, the box will become transparent near the spot where it meets the terrain. The solution is to just raise the bottom edge so it is very close to the terrain. It doesn't need to be above the terrain, just close to the same height.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2000 12:09 pm 
I tried raising the terrain until was level with the terrain around it, and then raising the boxes until they sat on top of the terrain. Now the boxes are transparent on all sides. I deleted them and put new ones back in.

Also, if I pull right up next to the spot, the ground acts like a mirror. I can see the sky and the bridge above by looking at it.

Any other ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2000 12:15 pm 
Glow Ball

Let's try this again. You don't need to adjust the terrain. You only need to raise the bottom end of the ground box.

But sure, if you think you have something unique, pod up the track, zip it up, and post it somewhere where we can get a look at what's happening in the game.

------------------
- Phineus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2000 5:44 am 
You were both right.

After I read your replies and looked at it again, I realized I still hadn't set the boxes properly.

Now it works, Thanks.

I guess the topic can be closed now Image

Andy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2000 7:45 am 

No... instead of closing it, keep it open, except on a different subject. I don't like to admit this, but as a designer, I suck at making turns. They never look right. Can anyone help? And, why can't I copy an area from a pod file, so I can simply paste the turns? (I want to use The Excatvation, since I am using stock textures from it)... Can anyone help me? (This is making me rather mad)

------------------
-Wipeout