MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:04 pm

Post subject: Custom background sounds
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2000 2:12 am 
Hi, does anybody know anything about custom background sounds? (like in Yeastman's cape Hatteras)
Traxx gives only sound theme 15, but it will cause conflict with Cape Hatteras. Will -for example- SOUND016.TXT work?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2000 4:01 am 
Glow Ball

Yikes! Custom sounds schemes are a pain and a half. But if you're really serious about it, it can be done. You need to create your own sound###.txt file, include the sound.wav files in the LST file, and use a unique number for the ### part of the name. Don't use anything lower than 25 - between stock and yeastman, they're all used - 55 is taken and so is 99 (I think). Those are the only ones I know. If you use stock sounds, you'll be okay, but if you add your own, you'll have to increase the sound volume - the game doesn't hear them well. I haven't tried to figure out all the codes yet, but if you do a quick comparison between stock tracks, you'll soon see what codes are for day, what ones for night, and what ones for all the time. Also, if I remember correctly, you have to set the duration and frequency of occurrence too. You can probably tell from what I'm saying that traxx won't let you do this. You have to edit the pod and sit and sound files directly. It's a lot of work, and I personally have to wonder whether it's worth it. However, if you're really determined and you need more info, please send me a note. Alternately, you can always grab the sounds from a track that's already set up like this. I can't speak for yeastman, but I'm sure you can use anything I've done already - tho you're likely to hear only growls and thunder.

------------------
- Phineus