MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:00 pm

Post subject: Problems....
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2000 9:03 pm 

1.I am currently having problems with MTM2.When i load a track the music starts to play and then the screen is black and i cannot get out of the game.I have tried reinstalling MTM2 and it still does it.If you know why this is happening email me at: (Hacman@start.com.au)

2.I have made a very good track called Deadman's Fall when i load the level it says half way through loading bad texture size blower.raw and i have looked for this file everywhere and i have also looked in all the LVL,SIT etc files for anything to do with blower.raw and i cannot find anything to do with it.If you know why this is happening email me at Imagehacman@start.com.au)

------------------
---> HAC-MAN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2000 9:19 pm 

Sounds like a truck you have mounted is missing a texture. Track down the culprit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2000 4:40 am 
Glow Ball

Could be too that you have used a truck as a prop in the track. In either case, it's a bad or more likely a missing file from the truck. Just unmount all addon trucks and remove any trucks you have in the track itself. It should run then. Once going, you can add the trucks again, but do it one by one until you get the error again. That's a slow way to work but probably the only sure fire way to track it down. Good luck, it can be frustrating to find.

------------------
- Phineus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2000 1:22 pm 

re:2

One solution (no solution at all really) is to take any old texture and palette, name them blower.*, put them in a pod, mount the pod and the game will use that texture instead of crashing due to it being missing (because the bad texture size error is caused more often by a MISSING texture than an a actual wrong sized one... oops.. phin already said that Image. Its a quick fix when you know you have a bad pod but want to play it.

Tip for tracking down odd stuff like this:
Use the Windows FIND feature to look for text strings inside of files. Extract the problem pod, then search the folder for files containing "blower" and a you may find the specific bin that calls upon that texture (you can even open a bin with notepad to see the texture names it uses). At least you'll know what file is the culprit.

I've used the FIND "containing text" feature to look in a bunch of pods for a file I needed, then opened it with winpod and extracted what I needed. So.... search all pods for the text string "blower.raw" and you should find the pod that contains a reference to it.

It's also possible you have several pods with a blower.raw in them, and one may have a bad texture that is messing up the others, in this case the one mounted highest in the pod.ini would be the culprit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2000 8:55 pm 

Problem 1.

I found out what Problem 1 was caused by....

It was something very odd.When i reinstalled MTM2 and played the game in a lower resolution 320x400 it worked properly.I turned the res back to 640x480 and MTM2 now works.Thanks anyway WinterKill & Phineus.

Problem 2.

Problem 2 was simply a BIN model that was trying to use a texture that was deleted.I deleted the BIN model and it worked properly again.Thanks Phineus & Winterkill your ideas helped me find out what was going wrong.Anyone want a copy of the track that is finished now.Just email me at hacman@start.com.au and i will send you a copy of the track (the track size is 3MB zipped)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2000 9:02 pm 

sorry i used my wrong identification Bigfoot5 is another one of my names

------------------
---> HAC-MAN