MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:54 am

Post subject: Shadows
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2000 7:24 am 

Is there a way to make shadows for objects without having to make your own textures for the shadows.Ive heard that something like this can be done in Traxx 1.3 or 4 but i only have Traxx 1.2 is there a way to make shadows without Traxx 1.3 or 4

------------------
---> HAC-MAN
---> Keep On Hackin'
---> Hacman@start.com.au

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2000 7:56 am 
Glow Ball

Yes, traxx 1.3/1.4 has added functionality for lighting effects. Unfortunately, I haven't delved into the sit or other file specifics about lighting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2000 9:47 am 

I dont think that the lighting effects are in the SIT file i've had a look in it and have not had any luck on anything to do with lighting.Possibly it is in one of the RA0,RA1,RA2,RA3,RA4,RA5 files

------------------
---> HAC-MAN
---> Keep On Hackin'
---> Hacman@start.com.au

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2000 5:06 pm 

A wee bit of tech info about lighting and light tables, from the <a href=http://ymscorner.com/mtm_tracked_faq.htm>MTM1 tracked faq</a>

Q: If I wanted to make a night time race, would it be possible? If so, how could I set the light?

A: In the LEVELS Directory, for the track file that you are working on (i.e. MYTRACK.LVL) there will be a line that has something like "earthsky.raw" down in the middle of the file. If you change that entry to "stars.vox" (without the quotes) and save your file off, you should be able to get a night time stars effect for your level. There are some other values down near the bottom that set the light level and the light vector. Their range is from -65535 up to 65536. You can experiment with these to see the effect. Each time that you make a change, you should go into the FOG directory and delete the file associated to your track (MYTRACK.FOG, MYTRACK.LTE). This forces the game to rebuild the fog and light tables for your track. Be very careful doing this and make back ups before editing any of these files.