MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:31 am

Post subject: Bad Bin Model Problem
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 3:32 am 
I am having a problem with my track as mtm2 won't load it anymore as it says can't load model blahblah.bin

I don't even have the model in the track anymore as i got rid of it. I have purged all unused models & textures as well. Problem just won't go away.

I think the problem happened when it said maximum 20 checkpoints, so I coukd'nt have that one so then I just went aroudn & started to check all the checks all had the right number sequence & then at the start line I noticed the start checkpoint had deleted itself, so then I added another one & then I also think I accidently set the start post to a check as well. Then I got everything back to normal & now I have this problem....I have basically tried everything I can think of including renaming the problem file, replacing the problem file with some other model (same file name as the problem one)...nothing has worked.

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 11:35 am 
Glow Ball

First make sure this is not the problem with the file extension.
http://mtm2.com/~mtmg/Traxx/errors/TxError.html#model(s)

If that's not the case, then my first guess, since you are getting a bin message and not a checkpoint message, would be you are using an animated model but have not included all the parts.

Fourth Q here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 2:40 pm 
Hiya...thanks for the response.

Well, it's not that first problem u mentioned, & I do have animated models in the track but it has'nt anything to do with them as I have all the parts loaded & the track ran fine with them b4.

It has got something to do with the checkpoint model as the model that is creating the problem is a modified checkpoint model....it's never created problems b4 & I have no idea why it is now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 2:44 pm 
Also thought i should mention traxx does'nt say anything about it being a bad model when I load the .txx file, it only says something about a bad bin model if I open the .sit file.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2001 1:52 pm 
nm now, hehe, I just pasted terrain as bitmap over previous version I ad & then retired the bits that needed it & replaced models, groundboxes etc...thx anyways Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2001 1:54 pm 
retired = retextured lol (don't ask me how i got retired outta that lol)