MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:09 am

Post subject: Stupid computer trucks
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2000 5:31 am 

I have decided since everyone concerns themselves with how well the stupid computer trucks run the track offline to actually make my new track so the trucks run it well.
But this has been a feat in futility cuz they will not run it no matter how much i edit the course to make them run it right!! So my question is... why are people so concerned about the stupid computers trucks to begin with? I don't like thme myself...

But i guess to be considered good you need them running the track to give someone some offline competition.

If you want to see the track you can get it at: http://members.xoom.com/reosped/skull.zip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2000 10:36 am 

I'd like to take a shot at making your computer trucks work...that is if you want the help Image Let me know

FE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2000 11:01 am 

If you think you can have at it. I'm tired of trying to make the "stupid" computer trucks work to get a "good" track.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2000 2:49 pm 

REOSPEED, your track is done and ALL comp trucks finish the race now. Image Just a comment here, but personally I want comp trucks to work because I don't race online and have no desire to do so. What good is driving around a great looking track with no competition?

Anyway, you can download your track here: http://members.xoom.com/FatalError10/

just click on skull.zip

cya
FE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2000 4:11 pm 

Thanx FE for the help. I do 99% of my racing online that is why I not concerned at all about the computer trucks, and if I do run offline I really don't want the computer trucks getting in my way.....

That's just my opinion on the whole computer truck thing.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2000 1:14 am 

Having the computer trucks be able to finish a race can be important for multiplayer games too.

I remember being in a "Total Time" tournament race once, so we needed the game to finish to see our times, but we had to sit for several minutes, waiting for the Comp to finish driving an abandoned or lapped (can't remember why) truck around the rest of the track. It wouldn't have to be a tournament, sometimes you just want to get a new high score into the HOF.

Also, in MTM1, you can be racing online, AND add some Comp trucks. This is fun for tracks like Criss Cross Crash, where dodging the cross traffic is the whole point of the race. So two people and six Comp trucks was a great game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2000 5:04 pm 

Good points. I'd like to add that playing offline with seven computer trucks trying to drive through a mountain and constantly calling a helicopter in an alredy complex area can really cut into my framerate!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2000 10:31 am 
I guess I am at a loss why anyone would care about computer trucks. I'm not the fastest guy around by any means, but the comp trucks offer no competitive value to me personally.
And while in mtm2 they are a little smarter than in mtm1, they are still dumb.

Maybe someone can enlighten me?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2000 12:21 pm 

Well Street, lets just call them "dynamic course objects" which add a lot of interest to the game Image

Anyway, comp trucks MUST do something other than hopelessly crash into things.

An observation: I think one thing we have learned from the Expo straight tracks is that computer trucks do very well on straight-a-ways! A person would do well to include many cool straight sections in a track to make for some very competitive comp. drivers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2000 4:28 pm 

>>An observation: I think one thing we have learned from the Expo straight tracks is that computer trucks do very well on straight-a-ways!

Good point WK. Has anyone beaten the comp trucks in Fatal Error's Straight On yet? I know I haven't! (try it Street). Wildcat Sue's track is another one where the comp trucks give you a good run for your money.
I don't race a lot on-line myself so competion from the computer trucks is essential to my enjoyment of the game. My thoughts are that if you can squeeze a competitive race out of a computer truck, you have done very well to create a good track - it follows that on-line racing will be more competitive (against human beans).
My 2 cents worth (or 1.21 recurring Brit pence at today's exchange rate) Image

------------------
Keep on Monster Truckin'

EmceeMart

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2000 7:13 am 
easy company

WK quote >>>comp trucks MUST do something other than hopelessly crash into things.

lol yep.. even though many of us do not depend on those trucks for a good race anymore there was a time when we did and there are plenty that do and plenty that will in the future and for their sake we should always try our best to get those mindless dynamic course objects to be all that they can be...

MC, the only straight that i lost to was Stealing Dudleys Horse, somehow Phin rigged those comp trucks to attack red paint, lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2000 5:08 am 
[
Good point WK. Has anyone beaten the comp trucks in Fatal Error's Straight On yet? I know I haven't! (try it Street).

Yes I did. But I see everyones point now anyway, everyone is different.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2000 5:18 pm 

Poeple, check out my new beta. U will find there that at the 1st part of the circuit (until u hit water) the "stupid" comp trucks learend how to drive, they almost beat me everytime, LOL, need to improve my racing skills Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2000 6:52 am 

who needs comp. trucks,1 player is for freestlye only in texas Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2001 5:14 am 
the only thing I need comp trucks for is for comic relief. I althought I try my darndest to make them work on my tacks.
You got to admit, seeing a bunch of trucks on pro piling up in a corner is kinda funny to see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2001 3:15 am 

Lol sometimes i make my puter trucks act retarded on purpose, soncidering the only races should be done with real people

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2001 8:16 pm 

I think it's very funny sometimes to race with the computer buddies Image I like to drive against them so they fly off a mountain or something > Image It was very funny to see my mother racing with 7 computer trucks and they all jumped together in Crazy98. yeee-haaah!
But there are also times I don't like those 'stupid' trucks, when I'm trying to beat a record for example. They just slow you down when they're racing in front of you :-/