MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:17 pm

Post subject: Traxx Problem with writing a pod
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2002 7:29 am 
Has anyone had trouble with traxx 1.4 when they try to write the pod? Ive been helping a friend learn how to make tracks but every time he goes to write a pod it produces a pod that gives u an error in mtm2. The error occurs as the track is loading and asks for the mtm2 cd the exact file name listed under the details is D:/metal/cush2/engine/model.c I myself am able to take his pod and clone it using winpod and traxx 1.4 then I can rewrite the pod and it works fine. But every time he tries to write a pod it comes up with this error. I have tried everything i know to help him if anyone has any suggestions we would greatly appreaciate it. He even reinstalled mtm2 and redownloaded and installed traxx 1.4 and is still having the same trouble. Thanx, Jax

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2002 7:41 am 
easy company

sounds like the old "windows hiding the file extention problem"...

go here http://mtm2.com/~mtmg/errors/models.html
(1st on the list) it'l explain how to "un-hide" the .bin extention under additional notes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2002 8:09 am 
Good suggestion Malibu350 unfortunately we have already done that, That was one of the first things i suggested to him when he told me about this problem he was having. I found that trick in the traxx help online, when i was having problems with model errors. I will have him double check though and make sure its unchecked thanx for the suggestion, Jax

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2002 9:01 am 
Glow Ball

If a track was made and the models loaded BEFORE the 'hide all extensions of known file types' checkbox was unchecked, then there's a good chance that is still your problem. Previously you've had to remove all the models from the models list box and then reload them again. If you don't do that, you still get the error even tho the box is unchecked. But, you say you've cloned the track and rewritten it successfully. I suggest you give your friend the new txx file you created and have him/her try to pod it again. If you've unchecked the check box, then the newly updated and unaffected txx should not produce the error (if this is in fact the problem).