MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:30 am

Post subject: Can't write pod
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 8:40 am 
I can't write my pods i use Traxx ver. 1.4 unregistered. everytime i write a pod it writes but when i mount it and go into MTM2 it brings up a message saying: Error: cannot mount pod file MTM@ may not be installed correctly. But i tried reinstalling but it still didn't work. Please help me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 8:57 am 
easy company

this usualy happens when you name the pod file with some weird characters, mtm2 will not recognize them and give that error, just use letters and numbers and you should be ok.

if you did use normal characters then open up the pod.ini with notepad to be sure your pod mounting program did not add any, if it did then remove them then save the pod.ini, the game should launch fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 8:13 pm 

I thought u cannot write pods with an unreg version (except Traxx 1.2)

------------------
The humans think it is a poison of the blood that makes us what we are.
Fools, the blood only feeds the bodies we live in. To create a vampire,
one must steal a soul from the abyss to reanimate the corpse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 3:12 am 
Glow Ball

All versions have the key now. 1.4 won't even run without it. I guess he just means the freeware version as opposed to actually sending Bill his two bits.

[This message has been edited by Phineus (edited 19-07-2002).]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 3:23 am 
Thx for the replies everyone. Sadly to say though, none of them work. but you did help me get further. It no longer brings up that error message but there is a new one. It says an unexpected error has occurred. then when i hit the show details button it says too many .POD files mounted at once. So i went and unpodded everything except the necessary tracks and my track. and when i clicked on the MTM2 button nothing happened, IT JUST WOULDN'T OPEN!!! So i still need help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 3:25 am 
exactly Phineus.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 3:30 am 
Glow Ball

>>it says too many .POD files mounted at once.

When that happens, open task manager and kill every reference to mtm you see. Or reboot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 3:35 am 
tried it that didn't work either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 3:56 am 
Glow Ball

Copy the pod.ini file from the cd into the mtm folder, change it's property to 'archive' from 'read only'. That should get you back to square one. Then use your pod mounter to add your new pod.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 4:01 am 
???
Listen let me get one thing straight. I don't use a pod.ini to mount. I use that little application called podini 2. I'm sry Phineus but you will have to explain a little better. I don't understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 4:14 am 
Glow Ball

>>I don't use a pod.ini to mount.

In the \monster truck madness 2\ folder, there is a file called pod.ini. It's there. The game reads that file to know what tracks to load into the game and what ones to ignore. It must be there and it must be correct, or you'll get the problems you're having.

Now, podini2 (or any other program you use to add and remove pod files from the game) reads that file, edits its content, then saves it with the changes you've made.

No big deal, but that's how it works.

Now, when something goes wrong, and the content of that file somehow becomes incorrect, it can be tricky to fix up. Right now, in the utility part of the forum, we're working with a guy to create a new and improved pod mounting program. It's not quite ready yet so I don't suggest you use that one. However, there is one called PodIt that you can get from the utility section here. It will check to make sure the pod.ini file is correct. It will not, however, make sure you have all necessary files selected. That is why I suggested you get the one from the cd.

On the cd, you'll find all the same files that are in your \monster truck madness 2\ folder. Look for one called pod.ini and just copy it to your game folder. Don't copy any others, just that one. Then highlight it, right click and select properties. You'll see check boxes that say 'archive' 'read only' 'hidden' and like that. Just check the one that says archive and uncheck the rest. This is usually a last resort. Try podit first if you think it would be easier. Right now, that's the program I use. It's better than podini2.

>>I'm sry Phineus but you will have to explain a little better.

Try to be patient and don't get frustrated. Very few problems cannot be solved. Just gotta stick with it until it becomes clear for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 4:25 am 
Thanks Phineus,
i'll give it a shot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 4:45 am 
Can you plz give me the link to download PodIt plz?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 4:51 am 
I tried the longer way and it didn't work i need the PodIt link.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 4:55 am 
Glow Ball

http://mtm2.com/~mtmg/utilities.html

After you make the changes to the pod.ini file, reboot your computer before you try running the game. At least until you get the problem solved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 5:02 am 
Thx Phinneus I'll give this a shot too

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 5:39 am 
Sry again but its no good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 6:40 am 
Glow Ball

You're going to have to describe in detail what your doing and what messages you're seeing. There is no such thing as 'nothing works'. You're leaving something out. I mean, there's things you're not telling us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 7:53 am 
All the game is doing is when i click on it nothing happens (or the computer freezes). I'm using that new PodIt you let me download but it didn't help any. I'm telling you everything i know. I have podded all the required tracks and then my track and that seems to be the problem. If i unpod my track and reboot the computer it works just fine but when i mount my track it either freezes up or nothing happens. Let me tell you what we have poded:
alaska.pod
baja.pod
cockpit.pod
crazy98.pod
junk.pod
main.pod
music.pod
outback.pod
rockqry.pod
snake.pod
startup.pod
summit1.pod
summit3.pod
SUMMIT2.POD
AZTEC.POD
MegaRally.pod
Mega Rally is my track.
Could you plz see if any thing may be missing. This will be my last message for tonight (July 1, 2002) and you can write me tonight if you're on or wait until tomorrow. I haven't given up yet!!