MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:53 pm

Post subject: Black Models Problem (and many many more)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2002 2:02 am 

I've got the sport of monster truck racing down solid . . .

it's this darn game that's bugging me Image Keep in mind, these are my first tracks and I'm pretty naive about the whole thing, so I'm sorry if these are dumb questions.

1) I've downloaded a few models from the net, but when I try to use them I just get black, both in Traxx and the game. Did I download them wrongly or something? Since I'm new to whole process I'm prettyy stumped here.

2) How the heck do you make a mud pit? It's hard to recreate 1980's Mud and Monster shows without a mud pit Image

3) How do you make your own models, like signs, banners, etc...? I'd like to customize some eventually.

4) and do you *have* to use PSP to make textures, or is there something else? Will Paint work, I mean, it uses bitmaps, too.

5) How come you can only use 10 ramps? That's become an incredible inconveinence for me.

Sorry for the all the (I'm assuming obvious) questions, but it's easier posting here than hunting it down myself :P

Thanks for your help!

Brian_V
ravlar@charter.net http://members.lycos.co.uk/monstertrucks/index.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2002 3:12 am 
easy company

1)sounds like traxx cannot find the art files (.acts and .raws) associated with the models, you need to create a "ART" folder and a "MODELS" folder, then put them in your Traxx directory then set the folder options, (View/Options/Folders)
note: all the textures for the terrain and the models have to be in the ART folder, all the models (.bins) have to be in the MODELS folder.

2)Mud pit... just open up the textures box in traxx, select the texture you want to simulate mud, then at the bottom of the textures box set the "type" as mud, and next to that set the "grip depth" at 20 or more. (the higher the number the deeper the tires sink into the ground).

3)Making models... that's a whole new ballgame, and way too much to cover here... check the link below for tutorials.

4) you can use any paint program.

5)ten ramps is the limit set within the game for whatever reason.... you can use flattened /tilted object boxes in their place (the limit for objects is 541)

helpfull links for track and model editing...
MTMG

MTM2.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2002 7:54 am 

Thanks for the help! Things are working fine now Image

Brian_V
ravlar@charter.net