MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:45 am

Post subject: podfile back to txx
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 2:06 am 
I just started on making tracks for mtm2.
One is finished, but with the second one i'm having a little problem. I kinda lost the .txx file due to a format c.
I still have the .pod file, but the track wasn't finished yet. I want to finish it, but i need to get it back to a .txx file, so i can work on it with traxx.
Is it possible to do that ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 2:37 am 
easy company

Create a new folder, load a track (pod) in Winpod, extract ALL files into this new folder. Then copy the traxx exe into that folder and run it.

(What this does is give you a 'temp' folder or simply a unique folder for each track project).

Now select the 'clone tracked track' option from the Traxx menu, browse to the SIT file in the WORLD folder of the track you extracted and load it up.

Problems with cloned tracks:

Most models will either be sunk into or floating above the terrain and will need to be reset.

The backdrop is lost, you must reinstate it in the track components box - along with music I think.

Animated models are not loaded properly, only the animated comtrol bin is loaded. All you have to do is open the models box and load up the missing frames.

animated textures need to be re-set too.

Once these things are done you have the track back to it's original state, and it's fully editable. Simply "save" this cloned track as new txx file and proceed from there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 12:56 am 
Thnx for the explanation Malibu. Don't have much time now, but will try it later.