MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:33 pm

Post subject: Small Tire FIx?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 2:04 pm 
Ive been enjoying racing the small tire trucks offline lately, but I don't like seeing my truck (on non- small tire fixed tracks) hovering above the ground. I was just wondering if there is any way in traxx to change the format of any track to a small tire fix, with out making a special pod to fix the problem? thanks in advance for your help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 2:22 pm 

CH_2005 just finished up on a prog called C-POD. get it here.

CH's web page for C-POD
http://zrecon.net/CH_2005/c-pod/c-pod.asp

Develpment thread & suggestions..
http://forum.mtm2.com/viewtopic.php?t=1981

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 2:22 pm 
Glow Ball

C-pod will convert tracks to small tire format. This is a new program and is still being developed. I've tried the small tire conversion a few times and it appears to work fine. However, you never know what bugs are lurking. If you find you have a problem, please come back and post a note about it in the utility forum. Here is the link.

http://zrecon.net/CH_2005/c-pod/c-pod.asp

A word of warning. If you race online, changing a track to small tire will result in a 'different version' message. You have to use the original, unchanged pod to get rid of that. If you race off line only you should have no trouble.

edit. LOL leg beat me in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 5:40 pm 
ok, i d/l'ed c-pod and it works GREAT!!! Thanks for the input! I was able to convert the track to small tires very easily, but i did however encounter a problem with try'n to convert it back to big tire format , so i double clicked it, and it said "Run-Time Error '6': , not knowing what that means, i clicked ok, so I fired up the game and as it was loadinup the track for a race , it came up with unexpected error D:\METAL|CRUSH2\core\Ground.c . What happened or what do i have to do to fix it?? and is there any way for when your racing online for it not to come up with "Diffrent Version" on the screen? Thx in advance again guys!! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 5:49 pm 
Glow Ball

> D:\METAL|CRUSH2\core\Ground.c .

What track did you try? I tested on stock tracks.

> is there any way for when your racing online for it not to come up with "Diffrent Version" on the screen?

No. mtm has built in cheat detection. When a pod file changes, that error comes up. That's as it should be. The only way is to unzip the original pod and over write the one you change.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 8:10 pm 

Quote:
edit. LOL leg beat me in.

barly from the looks of it.. lol.

>>and it said "Run-Time Error '6':....it came up with unexpected error D:\METAL|CRUSH2\core\Ground.c .

the only way to fix that would be to do as phin said and over-right the pod file with another one.

>>and is there any way for when your racing online for it not to come up with "Diffrent Version" on the screen?

i was thinking about this myself... there is a way around it. u can use one of the multi. ini pod programs out there . take all or your favorite tracks u want to run in ST format, put them into a folder and set up the ini to read in the folder rather than your main MTM2 folder.

fixmore.pod <---- this fixes some gaming glicthes and textures.
startup.pod
music.pod
sound.pod
truck2.pod
cockpit.pod
ui.pod <------here and up must be podded for the game to work
tpark.pod
alaska.pod
junk.pod
crazy98.pod
snake.pod
main.pod
aztec.pod
outback.pod
rockqry.pod
baja.pod
summit1.pod
summit2.pod
summit3.pod <------------- end of stock tracks

all of these, except fixall.pod, are the stock pod's. now if ur going to add pods that are sitting inside a folder that is in your MTM2 folder u can write it like this....

foldername/podname.pod

EG: u want an ST ver of ZK2. take a copy of ZK2, put into a folder. example name of "ST_TRACKS". then u would open the ini
and put.
ST_TRACKS/Zo0NKitchen2.pod

now for ONLINE racing u may want a differnt set of tracks. or large tire tracks. (this is y i suggested a multi-ini program.) just change the INI. with the Multi-ini progs out now its so easy to do this. even a 5 yr old could do it.

have fun..

PS.. and dont let your converted works get out either..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 8:34 pm 
easy company

>> ui.pod <------here and up must be podded for the game to work

"podded" or podding" are very common yet incorrect terms for adding a track/truck.pod to your pod.ini or track/truck list. a more apropos and correct terminology would be "mount", "mounted", "mounting" and (canada only) "mountie"... [:P]

pod, podding and podded should only refer to the process of compiling the necessary files to create a working truck or track file (pod), after which a pod is then mounted or applied to the game.

sorry Leg... Wint made me say that :)

Post subject: Small Tire FIx?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 8:14 pm 
the track I tired converting back to big tire format from ST was autocross 2. i tried the same thing on other tracks (from ST to normal format) and they worked fine. So i just deleted it and re downloaded it. And also Leg, thanks for the info,(Pheinus too) im gonna try that, I have been using knarf's MTM starter and pod-it for a while and like it, very easy to switch between diffrent .ini lists. If u havnt already tried it I will let you know how it works. THANKS GUYS! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 12:21 am 

Hmm - i'll have to look into that. post a link to a place i can donwload that track on my c-pod thread in the utils section of this forum. I'll try to debug that somtime.

But right now i am busy bing a junior in high school :'(

ttyalll

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 1:32 pm 

Nice posting legwon.

>> sorry Leg... Wint made me say that

I did indeed, hehe. Mal just doesn't want my pet peeve running around loose and biting anyone.