MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:57 am

Post subject: BackDrop showing though
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:53 am 
Doing an underground track, but backdrop coming though. have the ground boxes in place already, what can i do so that it wont, thanks Charles

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:57 am 
Glow Ball

What backdrop? Where'd you get it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 2:29 am 

A badly made backdrop can eat into the terrain rather than always be beyond it, but are you just running into a problem with the view distance? If you are in a tunnel, and the tunnel runs farther than the maximum view distance you will see the backdrop on the horizon. If your track never goes above ground then you need something like an all black backdrop to keep the horizon dark -- one can easily be made for you.

Post subject: Thanks Gentlemen
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:59 am 
Yes its under ground the whole way though, if a black backdrop will help me, that would be nice, i'd be 1 grateful person Wint. At first some of the track was 2 be above ground, i almost wish i'd left it alone, under ground with the light of day coming though stinks. Thanks { I HAVE 2 SAY, ITS REALLY NICE HAVING A PLACE LIKE COWNAPS 2 COME AND GET HELP, YOU ALL BEEN GREAT, I PERSONALLY SAY THANKS AND BRAVO 2 YOU ALL GENTLEMEN,THANK YOU CHARLES } and Phineus 2 anwser your question, i beleave the backdrops come from extracting Models & Arts, if not, i have NO ideal then boss, Charles

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 2:42 pm 

Happy to help, Charles. [)]

In April 2000 someone requested one of these, and I discovered I still had it on my hard drive (though it would taken all of three minutes to make one from scratch). Here ya go: <a href=http://mtm2.com/~trackville/models/blakdrop.zip>BLAKDROP</a> - an all black backdrop that blocks out the sky, composed of four vertices, eight faces, and one small texture (palette value 14,14,14).

Post subject: Thanks Wint
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:07 pm 
Thank you very much man. Your much help on this. Cant say thanks enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 4:41 pm 

8,8,8 and above works

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:13 pm 

Thank you sir! I dropped that reference kinda hoping that someone like you might make a comment like that. I thought 8 was the magic value but it had been awhile, and the value used was set ages before I knew the threshhold.

As for the backdrop, had I known what it would be used for I might have made it the right shade or gray to match the tunnels, or used the tunnel texture itself on the wall of the backdrop. There's much to be said for the beta room.

Nice little track Charles! Your skills are progressing nicely. :)