MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:55 pm

Post subject: object placing
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:57 pm 

is there anyway to insert the x and y coordinates of an object, cause they are always greyed out. if not is there anyway i can just move the object with keys or something so it on moves a few points

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:32 pm 
Glow Ball

Unfortunately, you can't enter the coordinates manually. Traxx allows accuracy up to six inches but it's very tricky. Sometimes you can make an object box (sized 1x1x1) place it where you want, then apply your model to it. There is always the tracked2 option but if you try to clone it with traxx later, you may still not get the results you want. A couple other options, but they get more involved, is to make your track so it's finished except for the model fine tuning, then either edit the sit file directly and repod it using cpod (so traxx doesn't get the chance to mess it up) or you can use tracked3, the evo editor, and convert the sit back to mtm2 - tho I can't find the post that explains how to do that. So, to answer your question, yes, you can place the models with incredible accuracy, just not using traxx.

Examples of tracks that use some of the methods I've mentioned are

Toy's in the attic
Expo loading dock
Wake up
And most of my own the past little while, including all of the mtm1 fixes we've been doing over the last week or so.