MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:18 am

Post subject: Lane Choice
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:02 pm 

When making a drag track, preferrably in Traxx, I want to put myself in one lane and the computer in another lane. Is there a way that I can make sure that whenever the track loads that I will be in that lane every time? I would appriciate the help. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:31 pm 
easy company

If you start the race using gold mode I believe that your truck will always start in the #1 lane, the only problem with that is you'll always get 7 computer trucks in the race no matter how many were selected. If you start a race normally then lane selection is random and there's nothing you can do about it.

There may be a way to build a straight line drag where lane choice would not be a problem with comp trucks veering over into your lane by editing the sit file where the lane width can be set wider than the default 16.000000

========================

ctype,cspeed_type
cstart
cend
cdec_point,cspeed,lastentry
&cSpeedLimit,<font color="#006600">cTrackWidth</font>
0.000000,<font color="#006600">16.000000</font>
[Course 3] c1Count,course_direction
[Course 4] c1Count,course_direction

=========================

I don't know for sure if that will work, i've never tested it so it's just a theory, and there's no way to set the track width with Traxx, it'll have to be done by some other means like with cpod and wordpad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:02 pm 

How do you start the race in gold mode. I know what gold mode is, but you can't type "GOLD" until the start of the race. By that time, the trucks are already in the starting positions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:04 pm 
easy company

You are going to need the name of the tracks sit file before hand. If you don't know exacly what it is then get a copy of C-Pod or podview and open the pod, once the pod is open look for the World directory... that's where the sit file name can be found. Or, you can gamble that the sit file name is simply the first eight characters of the tracks name (as it's spelled in the game) ie, My Drag Track '05 sit file name would be mydragtr.sit... most tracks are like that but some are not.

after you know the sit file name start up MTM2 and select a track other than the one you want to race, start the race then...

Type, <font color="#CCCC00">G O L D</font>
hit the <font color="#CCCC00">Z</font> key
hit <font color="#CCCC00">Ctrl+L</font>
type in the sit file name with extension (<font color="#CCCC00">mydragtr.sit</font>)
hit <font color="#CCCC00">Enter</font>

If all was done correctly then your race will begin shortly.. if you made any typo's then you'll get an error.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:15 pm 
easy company

The sit file method is a pain no doubt but if it proves effective for what you're looking for then when you make a track set the #1 truck (you) in one lane and the #2 truck in the lane that has the course set, #'s 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 can be set up off in the distance so that they don't interfere.

If anyone has a straight line drag track they'd like to donate to the mtmg's lab i'll take a shot at expanding the width of the course and see if that'd be a better way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:43 am 

The only problem with doing it that way, is that I have no guarantee that the truck that will be in lane #2 is the truck I want to race. Say I am driving Overkill and I want to race Grave Digger. There is no guarantee that Grave Digger will be in lane 2, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:47 am 
Glow Ball

>> There is no guarantee that Grave Digger will be in lane 2, right?

That's correct. Sorry to say, but what you're trying to do cannot be done. If you use gold mode like mal suggests, then your opponent will be random. If you use normal race mode, you can select your opponent but you may not get the lane you want to be in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:40 pm 
The Dog House

Cant the trucks you dont want to run just be turned off with C-pod? Not in GOLD mold, regular. If you can set it up with just the two trucks you'd have a better chance of getting the trucks in the spots you'd like. 50 50 CHANCE. Just an idea, didnt say it was good. LoL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:04 pm 

So simply put, no matter what I attempt to do, I can't have drag tracks to race against the computer in MTM 2, and the only track in the world where the computer stays in his lane no matter where he starts, is Garret Lockhart's RCA Jam. *sigh*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:07 pm 

Wouldn't dropping all but one computer allow you to race against Grave digger? Assuming you are racing exactely 2 lanes and no other computer trucks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:33 pm 
Glow Ball

HockeyUltima wrote:
So simply put, no matter what I attempt to do, I can't have drag tracks to race against the computer in MTM 2, and the only track in the world where the computer stays in his lane no matter where he starts, is Garret Lockhart's RCA Jam. *sigh*

Not true. MTM 2 allows you to do all those things. But that's not what you've been asking. And Garret's track is not the only one with working computer trucks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:46 pm 

Then please show me some tracks that allow that. I have been dying to find drag tracks that I can play against the computer that I don't have to restart the track every time I see that I started in the wrong lane.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:00 pm 
Glow Ball

You don't choose lanes in this game any more than you do other games or in real life events. Robby gave you a list on mtm2draggers.net. If you wish to create tracks, we can help. And if you want to make them like Garrets, we can show you how that's done too. But you come in asking about starting in one lane all the time, or choosing your opponents, and we provide the answers to what you ask. Then you change the subject or complain that things can't be done, but you haven't really tried, have you. This game has very few limits. And it's customizable to almost no end. But nobody is going to do things for you. If you have a requirement, then it's time to hunker down and figure out how to make it happen. I suggest you begin with traxx school. Once you complete that, you'll understand the basic concepts and we can go from there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:10 pm 
The Dog House

NIR_N4SCharles wrote:
Cant the trucks you dont want to run just be turned off with C-pod? Not in GOLD mold, regular. If you can set it up with just the two trucks you'd have a better chance of getting the trucks in the spots you'd like. 50 50 CHANCE. Just an idea, didnt say it was good. LoL.

Learn something new every-day. Didn't work. Got an error message when I tried to launch the game. Cant help ya bud, sorry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:22 pm 

I HAVE been trying. If you were to check just about every single post I ever made I have been asking about how to make tracks capable of what the RCA Jam does, or how to find more like that etc. Now, you say that MTM2draggers.net will have this information. I hope so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:25 pm 
Glow Ball

> I have been asking about how to make tracks capable of what the RCA Jam does

And everybody and their grandfather's dog has pointed you to traxx school

http://cownap.com/~traxx/traxxsch.html

Do yourself a favor, and do it.

> Now, you say that MTM2draggers.net will have this information.

No, I said you asked and were answered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:30 pm 

Traxx school doesn't tell me how to make a DRAG. It tells me how to make a circuit track. I know how to use traxx for making circuits. I don't know how to make drags that you can compete agains the computer on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:34 pm 
Glow Ball

HockeyUltima wrote:
Traxx school doesn't tell me how to make a DRAG. It tells me how to make a circuit track. .

Traxx school tells you how to use the program. It is up to you what you do with it. For example, from traxx school:

http://cownap.com/~traxx/traxxla.html

Step 2.

Use File/ViewPODFile from the main menu

Open Garret's track and look at how he's done it. Then do the same thing for your track.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:50 pm 

I have. His track shows that courses 0, 1, and 2 are in the left lane and 3, 4, and 5 are in the right lane. When I do the very same thing, it doesn't work. If the computer starts int he 3, 4, 5 lane, it turns to one direction and drives off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:43 pm 
Glow Ball

Nobody has seen your track, so it's hard to say what's wrong. Off the top, the only thing I can do is remind you to set the extended courses.