MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:55 am

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:30 pm 

Well, I just typed a long post and it got lost in some error. I'll just summerize it...

Its fine to be frustrated, but not describing the problem clearly does not give a solution. I'm not sure your exact desires, but it seems like it deals with the course segments, so i'll try to explain those to the best of my memory.

Course segments act as a guide for the truck. When a truck starts, it does not search for segment 0, It searches for the nearest segment to its origin, and follows that. When a truck reaches the end of a segment it rolls off and searches for the next nearest (or numbered, not sure) and acts in the same manner as the previous one.

The extended courses Phin mentioned seems to be your problem, I'll copy/paste a paragraph from traxx school to explain it.

"Make course for computer trucks to follow. The computer trucks in MTM2 always follow course #2, so we need to make sure thats defined. Select Course 2 in the side panel, then right-click anywhere on the main display and select "Generate From Main" from the popup menu. You will now see purple course lines aswell as the red "main"ones. Do the same for course 1 (not really needed, but Traxx complains if its not done)."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:43 pm 

You say I'm not being clear enough. Very well. Here is every detail. I am using a Monster Jam World Finals V track (my apologies to the track creator, I do not know who it is) and I want to race on that course against the computer no matter what lane the computer starts in. I have looked at Garret Lockhart's RCA Jam in Traxx by viewing the pod file and saw that it has segments 0, 1, & 2 in the left lane and 3, 4, & 5 in the right lane and all of the trucks designate to "Course 2" and all the pink (or purple) segments were "generated from main". Now I loaded the WFV track and attempted the same. I drew courses 0, 1, 2, 3, & 4 in the left lane and 5, 6, 7, 8, & 9 in the right lane and set all trucks to "Course 2" write the pod file and pod it in MTM2. I then run MTM2 and the track and set up one computer truck. The track loads and if the computer is in the left lane it goes like it should, if its on the right lane then, the computer makes a sharp left turn and tries to drive the left lane. It does the same thing on all three levels, rookie, inter., and pro. What else is there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:00 pm 

Phineus wrote:
Nobody has seen your track, so it's hard to say what's wrong. Off the top, the only thing I can do is remind you to set the extended courses.

Slick made the track you are editing. If you plan on uploading it anywhere, you first better ask Slick if he will let you use his BINs and Textures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:02 pm 

I wasn't intending to upload anything. I was just informing you what track I was using.